Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
RedballUK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just finished chapter 1 and standing outside Deirdre's wandering how on earth anyone is supposed to be able to afford "Heart of " at 210000gp.

I may have splashed out on some other items, but even had I saved ferociously throughout, would never have been able to buy this at this stage of the game.

Now I've read somewhere that once I board that blasted airship, I'll never come back to Targos.

How does one get their 'ands on this nice little item then? What am I missing? What have I done wrong? Will I come back to Targos?

Also, is this weapon supposed to give DEX +2 and STR +2 or is that one of the benefits of installing the 'Weidu' mod? (Naughty, he, he!).
RedballUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

If you sell absolutely everything you found in the Fortress and talk with a high CHA person, you might(just might) be able to buy it. And the +2 benefits are in the Golden Heart of xxx, the Heart of Fury version of the item. That one is more acquirable.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Redball, if this is your first time playing IWD2, I wouldn't have installed the EoU mod, except perhaps for the infinite stacking submod within EoU.

And as BoBones mentioned, the version that you've described is probably the GOLDEN Heart of XXX, which is the HOF version of the normal mode Heart of XXX longsword.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

I bought the heart of xxx in the middle of Chapter 1 and I don't think it's that expensive. maybe my leading Sorceress' high CHA had something to do with it. Just remember pick up all the money after kills and as many things to sell as possible. you should have enough money to buy that sword midway in Chapter 1.

also, never refuse reward; always ask for payment.

[ 03-22-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 03-23-2004, 04:47 AM   #5
RedballUK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, so now you're making me feel guilty!!

I guess installing the mod has put things out of synch a bit. No doubt the sword is being touted at HoFury prices which are not affordable in the Normal game.

The reason I installed it was to get the improved fighting fists for the monks (ie. counts fists as small blades so you can use Weapon Finesse). Ironically, my Monk is no longer factoring much in my plans.

This is the third time I've started the game. I manage to get as far as the Ice Temple and then a character or two starst to bore me and get on my nerves. So I start again.

I thought the mod would freshen things up. Must say, seems a lot easier this time through. Remember taking quite a bit of time getting past the Malachites before. Breezed past them this time.

I think I keep the mods up to the end of the Ice Temple and then uninstall them.
RedballUK is offline   Reply With Quote