Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ok, not that many, but it sure feels like it. They come in bunches of four, and sometimes more than one bunch at a time.

Nasty critters.

Remind me again what spell(s) protect against them? Not Chaotic Commands, not Exaltion, not the 7th lvl clerical spell.

I've had to be a little inventive. Thankfully I had some anti-magic potions. My best run so far was when I stacked up my mage with one of those potions and all the damaging spells I could memorize, and went on a killing spree. I had the boots of speed so that I could outrun the (hasted) drowned dead and barrow wights back to where my paladin was turning undead.

My lvl 22 bard, when not singing to provide protection, is doing some hefty damage with Mordenkainen's Force Missiles. What a great spell for high-level casters.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm? Chaotic Commands, the level 5 Cleric spell, works just fine in protecting against their Emotion:Hopelessness attacks.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:21 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Really? I had thought so, but I could swear that I had a CC active when my R/C got frozen. I'll try again.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Your C/R may have been nailed before you casted the CC on him/her. CC prevents, but does not cure, Emotion:Hopelessness.

I do not have a screenshot handy, but I did have amusing moments where my party members were non-chalantly picking apart Greater Mummies( CC & 100%+ Fire Resistance).
Old 03-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

PS: Mind Blank works as well, but as that is a lvl8 Mage spell, it may not be practical.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

I had cast CC on the C/R before going underground. Perhaps it had expired, but I could have sworn the CC icon was still on the C/R's portrait.

Mind Blank isn't an option for me at this point. What I'd really like to do is get my F/M dual class to regain his fighter levels, cast the 6th lvl Anti-Magic spell and hammer the WVs down. I'd have to rely on the other party members to take down or repel the DD and BWs, though.

Whatever. I'm almost done Burial Isle anyway.