Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

okay.
*sighs*
my game is patched to 1.02.809. please don't ask me to install the beta patch. i can't use it. i've tried, but the game won't start with it installed.

here's my problem:
the quest involves finding an emissary, so if you haven't done this quest yet, please read no further.
yar! there be spoilers.

i've gone thru the entire eyegouger cave system (all 3 levels), killed the eyegougers and their leader. i've run into the shadow priest at the end and killed him.
the boring paladin is in my party. he just HAD to kick out my little neeshka.
i've found the war banner.
i've found the emissary and he went back to town.

the problem is that when i go back and talk to callum, he tells me to get back in there and save the emissary. if i go back to neverwinter, there is no sign of the emissary anywhere. i'm stuck in a loop here and don't know what else to do or where to go.

i've restarted from a much earlier save and re-played the entire level and still get the same result.

please, does anyone have any suggestions for me? advice? cat-calls? a joke or two to cheer me up? i really do NOT want to play this a third time and end up in the same situation.

thanks!

V***V
Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

You can send two people home, one in the bonegnasher caves, the other in the eyegouger caves. You need to send the eyegouger one home. If you did do that, it's a gamestopping bug probably.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

thanks.
then it's a bug.
i sent 2 people back. one from the bonegnasher caverns and the other, who told me he was the emissary.

V***V
Old 11-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The great thing about NWN's is the console commands since it is designed to be changed on the spot. You could try look for the exact command you need, perhaps spawning in the NPC you want or even running the script you want to happen. The downside is you need to hunt for the names and exactly what it is you want to do and risk messing things up further if you make a mistake. But if you're really adamant about it working there is always that option...

I did it once with a cutscene that wasn't firing and because of it I couldn't exit the area. I found the scene and commanded it into the console and it fired and fixed my game. This was in the Asher village or somethin, where the NPC ranger is tracking for you and starts the scene.

[ 11-29-2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
thanks.
then it's a bug.
i sent 2 people back. one from the bonegnasher caverns and the other, who told me he was the emissary.

V***V
Ah wait .... there are THREE people you meet in those caves. The first one is Petin the miner, the second CLAIMS to be the emissary but is in fact NOT, and the third is actually the emissary. If you ran into all THREE, sent them all home, and THEN got jumped by the second one in an ambush on your way back to Old Owl's Well - OR - if you figured out that the second guy was in fact an imposter, killed him on the spot and then found the emissary - and Callum won't recognize that the quest is done, THEN you are bugged. If you didn't find all three, then you still have to find the emissary. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just to trying to make sure that you actually met all the people you were supposed to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Someone called me?

Oh. Right.

Got the shock of my life when the computer actually addressed me by NAME at four o'clock in the morning. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

GAAAH!
i just spent the last day re-doing that entire mission (bonegnasher and eyegouger caves) and the same thing happened.

someone else told me that i needed to talk to Katrina afterwards, but i have NO remembrance as to who she is or where she is. does anyone here know?

i'm enjoying the game a lot and want to keep playing but i really don't want to restart, especially if this is going to happen again.

V***V
Old 11-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Katrina is the chick going along with Casavir. She's supposed to be at the Old Owl Well after you got Casavir in ze parté. Look for a woman in copper armor.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

thanks. i will try again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

there's only three people with names at the OOW. simmy, pentin and callum. there's definitely no katrina.

V***V