Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Mervian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) Are the torches working properly? I've wasted a lot of spells using magic light in dungeons were I could not see anything past my nose, even when I had a torch equipped by all party members! Do I have to light the torches perhaps? And how?

2) Is there any script that can make the world turn around as it did in NWN? It's still hard getting used to the new way...
Mervian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mervian:
1) Are the torches working properly? I've wasted a lot of spells using magic light in dungeons were I could not see anything past my nose, even when I had a torch equipped by all party members! Do I have to light the torches perhaps? And how?
You shouldn't have to light the torches.

Quote:
2) Is there any script that can make the world turn around as it did in NWN? It's still hard getting used to the new way...
There may be something you can change in the .ini, but I'm not sure what. Maybe go to www.nwn2.com and check out their FAQ?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I found that torches didn't actually give out any light either. But I use that thingie of Lathander that has unlimited uses of light.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Guess I'll use this thread to add my own dumb question. What happens when a NPC dies? Is it like NWNs1 wherein they don't really "die," they end up in a building and you just have to walk back and pick them up again? Or do they really die? If the former, are there any penalties to you or the NPC when one "dies" and ends up in some building?

I ask because I still am low on money, only can find one merchant that sells healing kits (Fort Locke) and am plain running out of money to keep my weaker NPCs alive.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

If you don't die they respawn at the end of the battle. Kinda unrealistic IMHO.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Oh OK thanks SpiritWarrior. [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah, unrealistic, but they probably figured if they didn't respawn them, the player would just keep reloading if somebody died, which can get irritating after a time (Hello Qara!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well this is good to know. Now I won't spend so much on tons of potions for everyone. Fire crazy bitch can just die and respawn later LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

It has always been my hope that someday we can buy a game and have a LOT of options as to how we'd like the game to go, not just choices of Easy-Hard, but also the respawning for NPCs, and monsters as well. That way everyone is happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
If you don't die they respawn at the end of the battle. Kinda unrealistic IMHO.
Not more unrealistic than NWN1, but yeah. I guess the game's just too must of chaos in battle to make sure no one ever dies. That's more bad design than anything else. Even when everyone is put on NO ITEM USAGE they still chuck healing potions like mad. Doing so, getting AoO's ofcourse, taking down more HP than they gained in the first place. They suck as much as NWN1's henchmen did in that regard.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

I remember in Baldurs I and II never did I let anyone in my party die, I'd reload if they did. It didn't happen THAT often though as it does in NWNs2. No doubt in this game, to keep everyone alive equals massive amounts of potions all the time, and not much money for anything else LOL. So again I'm glad of the respawn thing if that is how they are going to make it. I'd also be find with the no-respawn deal if they would make potions easily available, money easily attainable to buy said potions, armor, etc. d

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 AM   #9
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Well to be honest, I think respawning fits the game as it is. It is horribly unbalanced and chaotic, and the AI just doesn't fit a no-respawn system. And potions don't work either, as I said, they'll uncur AoO's while drinking them, which means they'll lose health just as fast as they'll gain it.

That of course does not count for potions of Heal. But when do you find those hmm?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Well I remember in IWD2, whenever one of my characters was close to minimum health, it would be a quick pause, export character job, and then import them again when they actually did die. Which is even more unrealistic. But that system allowed you to play realistically if you wanted to, until you died completely, in which case you could realistically reload the game.

Of course, with a character on 0 health in NWN2, traps are absolutely pointless.