Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 05:11 AM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 07:13 AM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

BG I, definitely. The story is so much better, and the good thing is that nothing goes on for too long. In BG II you have to go through endless asylum dungeons, spend ages in the Underdark etc. In BG I the storyline is realistic, interesting and very fun. Very non linear too, you can do whatever you want and go wherever you want. I just prefer it to BG II [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2001, 07:44 AM   #3
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
BG I, definitely. The story is so much better, and the good thing is that nothing goes on for too long. In BG II you have to go through endless asylum dungeons, spend ages in the Underdark etc. In BG I the storyline is realistic, interesting and very fun. Very non linear too, you can do whatever you want and go wherever you want. I just prefer it to BG II [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree. In my opinion th story makes a game.
Old 12-02-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I wish they could retro fit BG I with the quest log. I enjoyed it being non linear, but was annoyed trying to keep up with which mini quests I'd done and which I hadn't.
Old 12-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Man I love!!!!!!! them both, but bg1 squeaks by. I do agree, if they could retro-fit bg1 with some bg2 stuff (new classes/kits for example) it would be over the top!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:13 PM   #6
huma
The Magister

Sorry but my vote goes to SOA.I think my view is a little biased because I played SOA first.After about 3 months of playing SOA I purchased the original and just didn,t find it as enjoyable.I think I was more than a little spoiled by the graphics,resolution and gameplay speed in SOA.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:26 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

BG1

it has this more RPG into it, you get so happy with a plus one weapon, and winter wolves can beat crap out of you... and yeah ORGE MAGES!!! hehehe

i love also the wildlife and all those areas out of the plot that it could take forever to finish the game... and that's what i like! i hate games to end! but this game is too long!

BG2 has the best time management and area sizes and numbers in my opinion, but all in all, BG1 is my vote even if i love BG2 so much...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 12:35 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Bg1 definatly, since it takes you 'till the end of the game to unravel the story. I also liked the freedom you had. I think they should make a remake of all the BG games where you start out in one and then go to SOA and Tob as if it was one game. All with improved graphics of course
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:52 PM   #9
Encard
Quintesson

Definitely BG1... it had a better difficulty level (SoA was too easy most of the time...), a fancy (also more strange & confusing...) storyline, and other fancy things... oh, and a LOT more NPCs... I think it had something around 30 NPCs who could join your party, compared to more like 15 or so in SoA. And it was interesting to get items, although the cash shortage got annoying at times.
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:05 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I liked BG1 better. There was so much to do! Almost all the empty plots of land you had to walk across had some hidden cave or Red Wizard gathering or Insane Gnomish mage or some sort of related quest or another! It was just all the suspense and adventure! And I used to quiver in fear every time i got ambushed by bandits because they'd usually slaughter me or kill off my party. It was fantastic
I didnt get the quests and then go hunting, rather I just walked around and fulfilled the quests without actually meeting the people that gave me the quest. Fun fun! Like I didnt even take Minsc in the first one, I just went straight to the gnoll stronghold and slaughtered them all! Needless to say, being 13 and inexperienced with RPGs of the DnD sort, I cheated. A lot.