Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-23-2003, 03:38 AM   #1
elianne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i was wondering if there is going to be a BG3, anyone know?

anyway if there was, what little improvements would you put in it?
what cool new things would you put in it?

personally, i'd want a quest tracking list, i hate having to trawl through the journal to find out what quests i'm meant to be doing.
would also be good to have an invisibility ring or something (i guess there already might be one that i don't know about)
also would be cool if you could use a tool to make up your own areas and quests as an addon.

but thats just my thoughts.
anyone else care to join in.
elianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:00 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

I don't understand, you plan a improvements to bg1 or bg2? In bg2 there is a quest tracking list. There is a ring of invisibility in TotSC, IIRC. There are tools for quest and area making. Unofficial, but working.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:09 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

As far as I remember, I have seen an official statement from the SW company, that they would NOT make any new sequels to BG. In other words: Do NOT expect any official BG3 or any official 'add-ons' to either BG1 or BG2.

There are other (and newer) games though, that fill in the void after BG2.

Insane
Old 01-23-2003, 04:20 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

However, there is a petition on Bioware forum. Vote! Vote!
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:31 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I don't think its likely, as they seem to want to NWN-themselves up. However, that's okay, as the gang at TeamBG do a sterling job in making the tools for us to use, and there are plenty of people out there who like to create add-ons and additions.

Although there are differences between the coding for IWD2 and BG1/2, you might find that someone might do a total conversion for IWD2 and make the 3rd Ed. D&D rules available to Faerûn's Sword Coast! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: mind you, that might mean recreating the entire game, as I'm not sure what, if any, parts of BG1/2 could be incorporated seemlessly into IWD2. I suppose that's why it would be a total conversion.

[ 01-23-2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 01-23-2003, 06:53 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

im guessing there will be a baldurs gate 3 BUT it wont use the old engine, and will be kinda like doom3 is now ie doom 1 and 2 game out around the same time, and many many years later doom 3 is coming out with a radically redesigned engine, im guessing maybe 2 years time or something baldurs gate 3 will come out with a new engine and be bigger and better than the 1st 2, well thats my guess anyhows [img]smile.gif[/img]

atm theres no plans (allegedly) at all to continue the bg series
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:21 AM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You might be right Grungi. Doom 3 was a long-held dream that most of us probably never thought would materialise. Yet here it is. There isn't any plan to make an extension for IWD2 at that moment, but it will appear - if they follow their usual schedule. Who knows, in a few years time, we'll be here, with a personal server each to hold all of our posts, talking to the new guys telling them about the good ol' days. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:49 AM   #8
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Truer words have never been spoken, Lord Brass. Now to bring up another point to this discussion: Didn't the Baldurs Gate Saga story end with BG2-ToB? (Which I have not completed yet, and don't want to discuss here as this is the wrong forum)
We'll discuss the good old days, and those crazy guys grungi and Baggins.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #9
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I just think it's such a shame that if they do decide to make a sequal, they won't use the old infinity engine that they so wonderfully implemented in BG I and II. It was what made those games so great. My greatest hang-up with NWN-type games is the 'camera angle' - you can never quite see what's in front or behind you. I just loved the way it was all set out in BG I and II. Oh well... I guess you can't go back
Old 01-23-2003, 11:07 AM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

How about BGIII being about Gorion you can play Gorion or build your own character. It would be the story of how Gorion/your character got involved with becoming a Bhaal childs step father and saving it from being sacrificed by his mother. You even get to choose between saving Seravok or an unnamed Bhaal child at the end (two different movies would play showing the possible future outcome of this). One of the side quest or story lines could be a confrontation with Firkraag.

[ 01-23-2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote