Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Don't really know if any of you guys are UFC fans but we got the PPV tonight and there were some great fights.

I'm guessing that the big high kick KO would be the biggest talking point but am interested to see what everyone thought of the event?

Did Bisping own aswell as it seemed?
Was Cro Cop Overrated?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Huge UFC fan here. I was shocked on the cro cop fight. To get knocked out the way he knocks people was shocking. I was expecting so much more from CC. Coming from pride where there is alot of top talent fighters. He looked like a chump. You see that ankle of his? The word is he does have some tendon damage.

Bisping fight was also very onesided.

Cro cop is not over rated. I mean he did well in k-1. Coming close and winning some of his showing. And the fight against Fedor was good. So I feel he is not overrated. Just he can be hot or cold. And he was very cold this time.

Not to take away from Gonz though. He was ready for this fight and it showed. Props to him for the win.

And the other heavy weight fight was a total Joke. AA was just not looking good. Only round that was good was the first with the great leg kicks.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Regarding Mirko CroCop... I was staring in disbelief, shocked and everything. He fell to his own frikken weapon, how ironic is that? He was totally unprepared for someone, anyone, attempting a high-kick on him, as evidenced by him lowering his guard to protect his side, and not his head. He got what's coming to him.
Last time I remember him losing a fight, was I think two or three years ago, and then he proceeded to win about four or five fights with really good and famous fighters in a minute, minute thirty. Just saying, don't write him off yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Mack_Attack

Never would write him off. I have been to a few other MMA forums. So funny every one saying pride is going to own UFC. People are starting to change there mind. I mean the good thing about this sport. It just takes one good hit.

Look and Matt taking out George. To me that was more of a shock then Cro cop.

What do you say about Chuck and Rampage??
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

I just think it was a shock as Gonzaga has barely lifted a leg in his career, and to do so in such a spectacular way was epic to say the least.

As for Liddell and Rampage I think the money has to be on Liddell re him 'avenging' the last of his 3 mma record losses. That said tho I have never seen Q fight and after the past few fights I've seen I don't think anything would shock me
Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Mack_Attack

I am on the fence post for Chuck and rampage. I only say that because the underdogs are winning. But They both have very similar fighting styles. So ever who gets the first good shot in may win it.

I heard Chuck is running into some substance abuse. This is just a rummor. I guess he was doing a interview and was sleeping at it. Of coarse he was never good at doing them.

But check out UFC 71 there is going to be some great fights for this one.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Geez, just saw it on SpikeTV. That was a real nasty kick CroCop took to the head, I didn't expect Gonzaga to win. Did anyone see CroCop's leg when he dropped? It looked crazy insane.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Mack_Attack

Yeah his leg looked messed up. Rummor is that he has minor tendon damage. I would be more worried about his head though. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]