Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #31
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

My mother-in-law teaches English to immigrant non-speakers at night school. Might that be something to interest you? Perhaps they have that in your area as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #32
SecretMaster
Apophis

Larry you could be my spanish teacher. The current lady we have is terrible at teaching, absolutely terrible.

However, my mother is the Regional Manager for the Department of Labor up here in NY. I'll show her your resume tomorrow and see if she can think of anything good (her job is essentially finding jobs for people).
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #33
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
~Snip~ I'll show her your resume tomorrow and see if she can think of anything good (her job is essentially finding jobs for people).
A New York headhunter? I am impressed!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:14 AM   #34
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
quote:
~Snip~ I'll show her your resume tomorrow and see if she can think of anything good (her job is essentially finding jobs for people).
A New York headhunter? I am impressed! [/QUOTE]Well I wouldn't exactly call it a headhunter, but its close enough. I mean obviously they aren't devoted just to finding people jobs, but its part of what they do. And my mom is the manager of all the offices in Westchester County New York so if there is something suitable, she would be able to at least pass on the word.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Larry you could be my spanish teacher. The current lady we have is terrible at teaching, absolutely terrible.

However, my mother is the Regional Manager for the Department of Labor up here in NY. I'll show her your resume tomorrow and see if she can think of anything good (her job is essentially finding jobs for people).
You are my new best friend! I was looking at actually being a PART of the Department of Labor or OSHA or something to help people just like your mom does...and I will greatly appreciate anything she has to offer.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #36
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Are you looking in the Spanish speaking areas? Being bilingual in south Florida or the Mexican border states would be a huge plus. The TSA (transportation security administration) would perhaps be interested in bilingual peeps also, if you want to get into that kind of thing.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #37
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Go to the interviews, get some idea of the skills required and how they correspond to your competencies.

Then take 5 and see if what they are offering matches what you want to be doing and where you want to be going.

I have a simple philosophy, and it works for my circumstances (which are not the same as yours admittedly).

If I'm going to spend 8+ hours per day of my life doing something, it had better be at least tolerable. Money is good, but if you're spending around 1/3 of your life being miserable, then you need to reassess [img]smile.gif[/img]

Probably not clear direction, more of a steer on general principles.

Best of luck [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote