Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-29-2001, 02:41 AM   #21
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::Liliara stays close to the ground, unsure of the magic that has skipped through the air. ::

::she looked to the soldier and he nodded for them to go forth, she did so, trying to hurry so as not to meet the magic again::

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-29-2001, 02:50 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You heard men shouting from stable. with a loud noise, Drak broke out. On top of that was a man cluntched tightly around Drak. The wild horse was not about to negotiate, jumping and kicking violently.

The soldier, seeing the lighting bolt, started charging toward the source.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:55 AM   #23
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow catches the flash of lightning coming from a bush near the stable a moment after being alerted by the yell. In as many seconds he'd sent two arrows into the bush. Out leapt a wizard screaming curses, though apparently unharmed. Great, this fellow must have a stoneskin spell enacted. He'd have to keep him distracted until he or one of the others could take him out too prevent any more spells from being cast, and from the look of the two lying on the ground below it would take them a moment to get into action. So be it. As he leapt from the window, an arrow nocked to interrupt the spellcaster's chanting, he had a moment to wonder if the mage inside would take sides, and if so, which one...

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-29-2001, 03:01 AM   #24
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

As his feet touched the ground, Shadow noticed that the girl and the soldier were indeed up and charging the mage, and that he was in the middle of another casting. Excellent, he thought. He calmly set himself and lined up the shot, releasing the string alomost gently. Stoneskin or not, the sight of an arrow headed unerringly your way and the knowledge that it's just struck you dead between the eyes is unnerving for anyone, as proved true with the wizerd, who's spell fumbled to a halt. He'd have to start over again, and by the time he finished it would be far, far too late.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:29 AM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Shadow
Three darts flew you way, from different angles, offering a delay for the mage. The deadly poisonous tips scent the air with a dread smell
Old 10-29-2001, 03:30 AM   #26
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Liliara sent a thankful look to Shadow and headed for Drak, If the siruation had been different, it may have been comical. The would be theif or assassin flipping like a ragdoll, arms around Drak's neck:

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-29-2001, 03:50 AM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Liliara:

The man was thrown off. He hit the ground hard, dazzing and squrming. Before you finish the thug, the man stumbled to stand up, and yelled

"hold! hold! I can explain!"

It was Nalio
Old 10-29-2001, 03:56 AM   #28
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow spins his bow in front of his face, knocking 2 of the foul darts aside, while the third glanced off his armor to thud into the ground. Too close for comfort, that. The girl looked to be heading for her horse, although that beast seemed well able to care for itself. He could understand her concern. The soldier was heading for the mage, and there were an unknown number of assasins hugging the bushes. Seems he'd better see what he could do about those before those darts turned all three of them into pincushions. Smacking the mage with a rock to buy the soldier a little more time, he darted around the inn and took to the shadows. Best way to hunt a stalker was to stalk yourself. Circling wide around the inn and stable both, he approached from the rear, his eyes open for scouts. There should be one right about....there, keeping watch on their horses it seemed. A quick arrow in the throat took care of that one. shadow eyed the horses for a moment, wondering if he could find an advantage in their gear, then sighed. All too many wants, all too little time. He slunk off in search off the next assasin, and who knew how many after that.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-29-2001, 03:59 AM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: 4 assasins, one mage, three in the bush, you just finished one, so now, 3/1
Old 10-29-2001, 04:18 AM   #30
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Nearly completing a circuit of the woods behind the stable, Shadow had yet to find a sign of the assasins. If he'd had more light he could have tracked them. That was ok though, he'd be willing to wager he was much better in the woods than they. From the number of horses and the casualties this far, there should be 3 and possibly 4 assasins still in action. Of course, by now the one on the stallion was likely sliding off the end of that girl's sword, so 3 was a safe bet. What's that up ahead? Someone was there. shadow cautiously stalked forward, making not a sound on the forest litter. Two of the assasins! And neither paying attention, what fortune. There was a nagging feeling in the back of shadow's mind though, something out of place. These two seemed to be focused entirely too much ahead of them for skilled assasins. Of course! Diving to one side and rolling forward over his shoulder Shadow quickly drew string and let fly at the dimly seen shadow behind him. He heard a faint cry at the same moment something struck his bow sharply, knocking it from his grasp. Another of those cursed darts by the smell. Well, at least he got one more out of the picture. The other two would be tossing pointy things at him in a second. No time to retrieve the bow. Rolling softly into the brush Shadow quickly, quietly hurried away. Cursing himself for nearly falling for that trick, as well as for losing his bow, he considered his next move. He'd have to get in close, get the drop on these other two before they could get those darts into action.

OOC: Bedtime for me guys. See ya!

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-29-2001).]