Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-21-2001, 04:59 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The other day I saw a ''Honk if you love Jesus'' bumper sticker. I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance followed by a thunderous prayer meeting,so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper. Boy, am I glad I did! What an uplifting experience that followed! I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord, and how good He is... and I didn't notice that the light had changed.It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed! I found that LOTS of people love Jesus! Why, while I was sitting there, the guy behind me started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, ''For the love of GOD! GO, GO!! Jesus Christ, GO!!'' What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus! Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love! There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a ''sunny beach''...I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage son what that meant, he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. My son burst out laughing...why even HE was enjoying this religious experience! A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed, so I waved one more time to my loving brothers and sisters, grinning, and drove on through the intersection.I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them all after all the love we had shared, so I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one more time as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:45 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've heard this one a few times before but it's always a classic.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 12:27 PM   #3
Belecthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LMAO!

------------------
Belecthor
Hedge Knight
"Crushing the skulls of morons, sycophants and other insipid evil-doers."
"Non Arte, Sed Marte"
Old 09-21-2001, 08:32 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

bump for everyone
Old 09-21-2001, 08:38 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Very funny Leo. Very good

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-22-2001, 01:31 AM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Mwahahaha! a classic joke, of course! dont think that could happen now unless you wanted your hand blown off...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!

Admirer of the Lioness.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:43 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

HONK!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-22-2001, 06:30 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL!!

and HONK!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of the Fallen Paladin
Old 09-22-2001, 11:33 PM   #9
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Too Funny!

(Honk, Honk!)

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-23-2001, 04:36 AM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
The other day I saw a ''Honk if you love Jesus'' bumper sticker.
Bumper stickers are kinda fun

I was in the States a month ago and got myself a 'Squeeze my ass if ya think I'm sexy' sticker. So I stuck it on my back and went round town with it. Needless to say, hilarity was rife