Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-01-2001, 10:49 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:

Good post Memnoch..Sometimes its good to have a humbling reminder that we aren't that far ahead of the Middle Ages.

I don't think we will ever be that far ahead of the Dark Ages, we will always keep our instinctual lust for violence and power within us, and even though most of us might overcome our instincts, there will always be times when our civilization returns to the Dark Ages, and even when the rest of us are civilized, there will always be parts of the world which won't escape the Dark Ages.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

Official IW Negotiator(When not siding with the hostage-takers).

ORT member.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:28 AM   #12
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Thank god we dont have mechs and space ships...... sounds like starwars to me..... I mean, things would get NASTY if we had like stuff like the death star or Ion Cannons. My philosophy right now on the subject- Build 1 space fighter, fight an army of 'em.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Old 10-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #13
www.cffl.com

I think we should blow the living hell out of whoever did this to us but thats just my opinion.

------------------

That is what Bin Laden is going to look like when we are done with him.

Old 10-01-2001, 12:23 PM   #14
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think that not only is it some instinct of violence, but that when peole get power crazy, for some bizarre reason they think they have to flaunt it to show the world, proving how often the leaders of such groups are just insecure pathetic people who think they have something to prove.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:44 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have some stuff to add to this. This next thing I am about to say, does not include all of the muslims...just those sickos that you preveiously mentioned. To prove my point, Lebanon allows women to wear skirts.
Anyway...the Telaban members were allowed to have up to 4 wives. These wives were be virgins at the time of marriage. The night after the marriage, the man is to hang the sheet out in public so that the blood stains can be seen that he is the one that took her virginity. If a woman is found not to be virgin, the Brother of the man is responsible to see to this girl's execution.

Thus was the fate of a poor 19yr. girl who was wed to a Teleban leader, recently. She did not stain the sheets, therefore she was taken the next day to a public field, and after several minutes of kneeling on the ground, was shot three times. She was lucky. Some men drag the woman through the streets, naked, and other such brutalities until death occurs. If these dummies had any type of education, they would understand that a virgin may not bleed much, or that the tissue does not have to tear on the first attempt. Obviously, I am betting alot of women have died, being accused of something they did not do...which makes their death even more sour.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:55 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Were the Nazis ever this graphic?
Eck..
Most Nazis were born, bred and enlisted by choice into Hitler's personal religion..

Good post Memnoch..Sometimes its good to have a humbling reminder that we are'nt that far ahead of the Middle Ages.

If you want to know how bad humans can get, check out Assyrian history.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:07 PM   #17
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
The night after the marriage, the man is to hang the sheet out in public so that the blood stains can be seen that he is the one that took her virginity. If a woman is found not to be virgin, the Brother of the man is responsible to see to this girl's execution.

Thus was the fate of a poor 19yr. girl who was wed to a Teleban leader, recently. She did not stain the sheets, therefore she was taken the next day to a public field, and after several minutes of kneeling on the ground, was shot three times. She was lucky. Some men drag the woman through the streets, naked, and other such brutalities until death occurs. If these dummies had any type of education, they would understand that a virgin may not bleed much, or that the tissue does not have to tear on the first attempt. Obviously, I am betting alot of women have died, being accused of something they did not do...which makes their death even more sour.

This sort of thing happened in Britain and Europe as well in times past. Education is the key, as you say, and many do not/did not have education, especially regarding female anatomy. They did not/do not realise that some women have next to no hymen, and that many strenuous activities can rupture the hymen of a virgin girl. But religions - both Christian (in the past), and Islamic, as well as some others, regard women as unclean, sensual creatures who are bound to go after sex at the first opportunity, so they are/were only too ready to believe that a woman who did not bleed was a sinner deserving of death.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:29 PM   #18
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Yes Hear Hear...

Education and Love...