Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 08:30 PM   #41
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Hey, Donut!

Seen this?

http://teambg.db-forge.com/cgi-bin/i...rum=1&topic=13

Yes Epona, this is where I found the link originally. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I find myself strangely drawn to 'The Dark Side' from time to time.

At first I thought this was a genuine news report, then I thought 'Jim-Bob working in a toilet - surely not'

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 08:52 PM   #42
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
Hi Stealthy, Hi everyone.

I agree, there's no place quite like here. Infact no place anywhere near it. I was looking at some other forums, like everyone else, during 'the break' and none were as friendly, welcoming, fun.... (the list is v. long), as this one.
TeamBG inparticular seemed very hostile, even to long standing members. No offence but Ken seemed to think he could get away with being nasty to people because of the effort he was putting in, (I'm not say at all he was to blame for everything - but he could have stopped most of it).

I know none of this would never happen here, and would like to thank everyone for making this such a great board - especially Ziroc and the moderators
I agree. Ziroc keeps a low profile here and doesn't feel the need to get involved in every thread. But of course, why have a dog and bark yourself. (Memnoch!)

------------------

Heading for Cardiff
Old 04-29-2001, 01:10 AM   #43
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Thanks, Dri-I mean, Donut. You jokers should ALL be happy that you breathe the same air I do.

*spits more diet coke on her monitor* HAHAHAHAAH Oh you two are truly priceless! *falls off chair and rolls under desk clutching sides and guffawing*

No dark elves here....but the air sure is rarified

CloudWheezer

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-29-2001, 01:31 AM   #44
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, I went over to the TeamBG to see what the situation was, but after reading everything that has been going on over there, I decided to just leave it alone. I figured not to make any derogatory remarks as I have seen that they just take total offence at it and generally put the newcomer on the defensive. Sad too cause everything I have ever heard about TeamBG has always been positive. Course, most of what I have heard has been from here, but . . . Hmmm. I'm also wondering what it was that Ken took offense to that Dan supposedly instigated with Ken's wife? It's hard to imagine that Dan would have been ungracious at all to either of them unless provoked as he has always been the gentleman's gentleman on here. No matter what it seems that we have going, he is always polite to us. *cough* ratings wars *cough* He appears to have a great deal of patience and respect for everyone. I've noticed that a great deal of times, Dan has stepped in for us and made additions to the board or added his thoughts where needed to make for a great environment here. That in itself has brought me to distrust Ken a little. Add on how the Ironworks posters were treated and I knew it wasn't the site for me.
Old 04-29-2001, 03:45 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I agree. Ziroc keeps a low profile here and doesn't feel the need to get involved in every thread. But of course, why have a dog and bark yourself. (Memnoch!)

Careful I don't bite you there Donut, I missed breakfast today.

What flavor are you again? Strawberry?

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 06:06 AM   #46
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Careful I don't bite you there Donut, I missed breakfast today.

What flavor are you again? Strawberry?

I'm a vinegar flavoured Donut!

------------------

Heading for Cardiff