Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2001, 10:25 AM   #41
Sir_Tainly

Bilqis fear not I'm just off to write some more now, as IWD has beaten me enough in the last 30 mins.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-25-2001, 10:36 AM   #42
Charean
Hathor

Well, Sir Tainly, you got me hooked..

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 03-26-2001, 08:48 AM   #43
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Aw, Tobbin, I was just posting a reply to you when the board crashed! I finally got into the runbox account and found yours that you sent over a week ago! (I sent a reply) Good story! And same to you Gabriel and Sir Tainly (thank you Sir, for posting it here also!)! You guys are gonna completely spoil me with all this good writing! (Spoil away, please! ) Anybody, if you want to email me, look for the one working account now added to my interests (tried changing it for real once and Ziroc had to bail me out 'cause I was locked out of the board! *SHUDDER*)

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 10:18 AM   #44
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Aw, Tobbin, I was just posting a reply to you when the board crashed! I finally got into the runbox account and found yours that you sent over a week ago! (I sent a reply) Good story! And same to you Gabriel and Sir Tainly (thank you Sir, for posting it here also!)! You guys are gonna completely spoil me with all this good writing! (Spoil away, please! ) Anybody, if you want to email me, look for the one working account now added to my interests (tried changing it for real once and Ziroc had to bail me out 'cause I was locked out of the board! *SHUDDER*)

My story didn't come out exactly how I originally planned, but it seemed sound enough. I just started typing on here free form. Knew I shouldn't have done that. LOL. Ah well.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-26-2001, 10:25 AM   #45
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
My story didn't come out exactly how I originally planned, but it seemed sound enough. I just started typing on here free form. Knew I shouldn't have done that. LOL. Ah well.

Hi, Tobbin! How are you doing? Did you get the roses??? (I think it's a good story, BTW)

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 03:42 PM   #46
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Tobbin, that was great! Good to see you aroud here! Though, bad i do miss you alot ;(
Well a new shorty beginning of one..
The murky leaves hides me well in the night, never telling them where I´m hiding. I had seen them entering the woods, and now they were so close I could smell them. Their foul stench screamed a protest to natures lovliness, which of, neither I belonged to. But I, yes I blonged to these woods.

The creatures thought themselves mighty, they thought themselves strong and superior to thoose living in the forrest. Already they had crushed everything in their way, already they had killed alot of the fair ones.

I like the fair ones, there women´s singing brings peace to my tormented mind..

Blood will race with you this night, foul ones, the beast is on your trail..

Slowly I rise from my hiding place, smelling the cold autumn air. The stars tinder and sparkles in my eyes, I am not mother natures lovely child, I am her beast..

I start to move and the ground caress my paws, the grass moves with me this night, this perfect night for a hunt. unaware of me the foul ones continue on there path, and i on mine...

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-26-2001, 03:57 PM   #47
Sir_Tainly

Hi all,

I have written the next bit of my story (actually two days ago but the board crashed so I couldn't tell anyone). You can read phases 1 and 2 at:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/castlet...ory/Story.html

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-26-2001).]

Old 03-26-2001, 07:00 PM   #48
Sir_Tainly

bumping for Bilqis benefit

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 03-26-2001, 10:41 PM   #49
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Its a biggy, so be prepared ... PS this is my first attempt at writing adn since im only 14 i hope to improve; criticism would be helpful!

I opened my eyes, their blurred vision distorted my sight but upon blinking I could examine my surroundings. I didn’t know this place I quickly realised, and even more worrying; this wasn’t the place where I had laid myself to sleep. Curiosity overcame my immediate fear, and I cast an eye to my new surroundings.
The area I now found myself in was a huge cave, glowing with a faint blue light emanating from the masses of crystals that adorned the walls, the ceiling and even the floor. The entire cave seemed to be made from the same material as the crystals, transparent and sparkling. I rotated my head, which sent pains shooting down my spine causing me to cry out in pain, my scream echoing in every crevice of the cave.
I lay still for a few movements before attempting any other activity, while moving my hands up and down my body, looking for broken bones or bruising. My arms and legs were fine, though ached slightly, as though I’d just ran a marathon, in fact all of my body ached, though it was a dull pain which would probably fade. A pain, which would not fade, was the fierce agony that now resided in my spine and ribs. My ribs were almost certainly broken and my feverishly wild imagination told me that I could feel them, the snapped ends of the bone digging deep into my bruised skin. Thankfully, after a quick diagnosis I concluded that my spine was spared from the same affliction that plagued my chest, though every time I tried to move I would send fearsome sharp bolts of anguish down into the depths of my lower back. Slowly, painfully, I raised myself to one knee and bit by bit I swivelled my head to take a better look at this strange place that I now found myself in.
I found that I was in the centre of this cave, which appeared to have no door, hatch or other visible means of entry. I then discerned that I was beside a statue of sorts, and shifted my eyes to examine it closer. A badly beaten face greeted me in the smooth piece of crystal, and I moved back in shock, again causing me to cringe under the agony of my back. But the face also cringed, and it was then, in relief, I realised that the face was no more than my own reflection. While staring at the reflective “statue” I ran my hands over my face feeling the tender flesh that hung from my face, several shades of blue and purple but not immediately sore to touch. A huge scar ran from the tip of my left eye to the edge of my jaw, which looked to be several days old. My eyes had faded, from their deep blue colour to a light shade of blue; they looked dead, soulless and empty. I looked to the statue; it seemed to be of a man, holding a sword to the sky. It had been constructed from the same crystal as the rest of the place. Why it was here, and how was a mystery; there was no one here to admire or worship it, and there were no obvious entrances.
“What the hell are you?” I addressed to the statue, not expecting an answer.
“Depends who you mean.” Replied the statue, and in surprise I propelled myself backwards, tripping and landing most ungraciously on the ground in a heap.
“Wh….What the hell?, Who said that?!” I shouted roughly in the direction of the statue, and upon receiving no reply I picked myself up and ventured another approach. The statue did neither speak or move, though I wondered why I expected it to. I shook my head and put it down to an overactive immagination. It was also about this time that I noticed that I was not the only person in the room. I swivelled, and saw a robed man, with a hood that enveloped his face, and thus his identity. He was about the same height as myself, and rested almost wearily on his gnarled walking stick, which he lent on like a fifth limb. I was grasped by the hand of fear, and felt completely unable to talk or move as the man hobbled closer and closer. Soon his hooded face was so close to mine I could hear his raspy breathing. It was then that he spoke:
“Your time is not yet…..you must…..you….” he burst into a fit of uncontrollable coughing, and fell to the floor on his knees and I, despite my fear crouched beside him and rested my hand on his shoulder to steady him.
“Run, child, you… he burst again into violent coughing… you don’t have to…to...to do this… don’t listen to the lies… THE LIES!” he dropped on the floor, his life extinguished. In spite of myself I lent to the floor and slowly pulled back his hood. The same face that had looked at me in the statue now stared back at me, devoid of life. Mine.
My head exploded into a thousand pieces, each one a part of the delicate crystals that had once proudly lined the walls, each one cutting deep into my being then erupting, sending showers of bright sparks through my body, I felt like I was on fire.
For the second time I awoke, and flung myself out of my bed, my bed, and stood breathing heavily, eyes darting wildly around the cell occupied by me and my friend. I was home. Though I could still feel the pain, the fabric of the mans robe, the smooth surface of the elegant crystals. I ran my hands on my face, unblemished. My ribs: undamaged, and my back no longer ached. Through the millions of thoughts running through my mind I kept coming back to one; was that a dream?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #50
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Pretty spooky stuff jerome

I guess you should be twice as wary of any crystals in the future - including fortune tellers.

(Did you see one? - Is that why you're getting the spiny feeling?)

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.