Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 11:24 AM   #11
Byronas

BUMP!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-23-2001, 11:25 AM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Dont bother bumping Regin, its not going to happen.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-23-2001, 12:22 PM   #13
ReGiN

Damn, and here I was, giving myself credit for a BRILLIANT idea...and then no one reads it....oh f*** it!

Old 10-25-2001, 05:46 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
And, Memnoch..couldn't you guys and teamBG join forces and combine THEIR forum, with a NEW ONE HERE?
you get it?
I think it's a pretty good idea since so many people are already asking questions here...and ironworks is a pretty established BG forum...

[This message has been edited by ReGiN (edited 10-22-2001).]
That wouldn't work well in practice, Regin. Ken Baker and I know each other from the past as the BG admin community on the web tends to cross paths on occasion, but this forum and site is a gaming/social forum/site first and foremost, with the emphasis on providing information and discussion about games, news, walkthroughs and stuff like that. The closest site to this in terms of discussing game issues is The Mithril Hall, which is a smaller forum run by Lady Nightshade, Ken's wife.

TeamBG is first and foremost a customization and modding site for the Infinity Engine line of products. It's more a working forum, if you like, for people who want to learn how to customize their game and to do things like create items, spells, change scripts, and eventually create an entire new (unofficial) adventure such as The Darkest Day. They do NOT answer game-related questions there (Darkest Day is an exception as it is a mod created by a group using TeamBG's tools). I would strongly recommend getting membership at TeamBG if you are interested in customization of the BG series or IWD.

So our target markets are reasonably different as you can see.

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 06:02 AM   #15
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Hmmm.. cant access TeamBG's webpage - got a 500 error.
Anyone knows if the servers are overloaded or something?
Old 10-25-2001, 07:35 AM   #16
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
That wouldn't work well in practice, Regin. Ken Baker and I know each other from the past as the BG admin community on the web tends to cross paths on occasion, but this forum and site is a gaming/social forum/site first and foremost, with the emphasis on providing information and discussion about games, news, walkthroughs and stuff like that. The closest site to this in terms of discussing game issues is The Mithril Hall, which is a smaller forum run by Lady Nightshade, Ken's wife.

TeamBG is first and foremost a customization and modding site for the Infinity Engine line of products. It's more a working forum, if you like, for people who want to learn how to customize their game and to do things like create items, spells, change scripts, and eventually create an entire new (unofficial) adventure such as The Darkest Day. They do NOT answer game-related questions there (Darkest Day is an exception as it is a mod created by a group using TeamBG's tools). I would strongly recommend getting membership at TeamBG if you are interested in customization of the BG series or IWD.

So our target markets are reasonably different as you can see.

Thank YOU for that most-fulfilling answer!

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-25-2001, 10:50 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Hmmm.. cant access TeamBG's webpage - got a 500 error.
Anyone knows if the servers are overloaded or something?
TeamBG's site is on Ken's own server at home. He's may be having DSL problems, or some moron might be doing a DoS attack on his server. They have been known to do that on occasion, unfortunately.

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 12:27 PM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Can people bump this for a while so that it stays on the front page? It's kind of important.

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 12:55 PM   #19
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Can people bump this for a while so that it stays on the front page? It's kind of important.

Of course.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:41 PM   #20
Caine
Elminster

Damn Importent
Anyway The Darkest Day Absolutely
Rulez
The Cleric and Druid spells rule,the monster summoning spells lvl 5 and 6 rule for the mage,that desert town rules (did they scan it from torment?)all the towns rule,the areas scanned from icewind dale rules,everything rules,I love the darkest day. I'm playing as a warlock (a cleric subclass)