Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #1
TheDutkanator

I'm going to go solo soon and wanted to know what the best class is. Fighters can't detect traps, pick locks, but they eat trap damage and force locks well enough. Mages can summon monsters to set off traps for him. I like to send my monsters into areas I haven't been yet so if there're monsters/traps, my monsters get hit first. Clerics can avoid traps, or heal after getting hit. A cleric is what I'm thinking. What do you think.

P.S. There are some classes I've never used (e.g. Monk, ranger, bard, and more)

------------------

"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 05-04-2001, 12:05 PM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

Go ranger! they rock man.. they can heal themselve to a very limited degree but can eat the trap damage, they get dual weild too which is great, can stealth and back stab if you play stalker kit...
Paladins also good, can take traps, good weapons (HA for instance, you'l have a hard time getting it though!) can heal themselves with lay on hand and a few spells, they can cast ONE protection for negative plane when high enough level...
yeah...hope this gives you ideas dude...

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-04-2001, 12:06 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Lord Raptor was a Fighter/Mage.Thief. It wasn't true solo as I had Viconia too. I would highly recommend a Thief-type character. Running around being chased, hiding in shadows, backstabbing - all in one encounter! Fair gets the adrenalin flowing

Old 05-04-2001, 12:06 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I don't suggest a fighter because it can be quite boring. I suggest either an elven sorceror (high DEX- better AC and attack with slings) or an elven assassin or swashbuckler. Of course what I recommend above any of those is the Desolator or the Lich, but then u knew I was gonna say that right?
Old 05-04-2001, 12:15 PM   #5
TheDutkanator

Post a link to your lich download if you don't mind! Hey, put one on my forum too!
http://thedutkanator.50megs.com click on links, then my forum

------------------

"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 05-04-2001, 12:21 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Dual or multi class fighter, whether you dual him to mage or thief, you can also have multiclass fighter/mage, fighter/thief, or fighter/mage/thief. In the case of dual classing, you might want to consider a Kensai or Berserker kit.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 12:24 PM   #7
TheDutkanator

I was thinking of using my custom class called the firefighter. If you don't know, it's a cleric with some flame spells (scorcher, flame arrow, fireball, summons, etc.)

The only thing holding me back is 1: I've been using 4 of these in my multi-plyer run already. 2: As I said, there are classes I've never used yet and I'd like to expand my horizons for a more complete BG2 experience.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?
Old 05-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #8
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

The most common suggestions for classes to solo with are:

Fighter/Mage/Thief multi-class (lots of skills but slow leveling up)
Ranger (Can cast "Find Traps" at 10th level...I think)
Kensai/Mage
Fighter/Thief
Cleric

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-04-2001, 12:47 PM   #9
TheDutkanator

I'm currently using a Kensai/Mage in my multi game and he's probably my best player. Not sure about that though cuz my custom firefighters kick a** too!

Someone once said to solo a monk. Any thoughts?

P.S. Like my sig?

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator

[This message has been edited by TheDutkanator (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 12:49 PM   #10
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey D...

The picture for your sig is broken.