Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-02-2001, 03:43 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
I don't think clubs can be used. Personally I'd rather the swords couldn't be used for backstabbing too. I'm pretty sure they're slashing weapons and a Katana is really a two handed weapon. The damage a katana inflicts forces you (hypothetically) to use it for backstabbing though.

hey, someone told me he is VERY sure clubs and maces can backstab.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:03 PM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

Maybe they can 250, I never tried to stab someone with a club before. If it works maybe they should call it a back clump instead.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:50 PM   #13
Jimbo
The Magister

A half-orc thief/cleric showed me how to use the club and quater staff to back stab

You can use all but the thief weapons, except the ranged ones (no arrows, bolts, darts or their launchers).

So it is :
Short sword
Long sword
Katana
Waz/Scmitar/Nija-to
Quaterstaff
Club
Dagger

The club and quaterstaff can be though of as the blackjab and slapjacks and night-sticks. Personally I think backstabing with those should give you a chance to stun with.

I have heard you can use your fist to backstab too.

Have to check that out.

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 05-02-2001, 05:17 PM   #14
Rikard

Special

BTW If can really backSTAB with a club
image how that is gonna hurt

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 06:16 PM   #15
Jimbo
The Magister

Well Rik, I can tell you from real life experiences, gettin hit in the back with anything can hurt. Also, with the element of suprise you can get hurt even more.

3 of my friends got jumped one time on leave. One friend got hit in the back of the head by a guy, and was knocked out immediately, one friend turned into the blow, and got hit in the lower jaw (lower jaw was busted but not broken thank God). The other turned and squirmed out of his attacker, and tried to fight of the remaining three, since one was out, and the other down with some extreem pain, and that left the one friend and 3 of em. Luckly the fight was broke up, as the mp's came upon it (the three attackers ran as soon as the mps showed up).

I've been hit in the back before and it can bring you down hard. I got hit in softball one time going for a ball, when a team mate dove at it too... boy did that hurt.

Old 05-02-2001, 06:22 PM   #16
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

oh yeah, you can get drilled from behind. no question. but i'm just trying to visualize "stabbing" someone in the back with a club. very messy

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-02-2001, 06:25 PM   #17
Rikard

Yeah that's the kinda effect i mean

------------------

Old 05-02-2001, 06:39 PM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Could leave a nasty bruise

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-02-2001, 06:41 PM   #19
Rikard

More like a permenent view into you stomach

------------------

Old 05-02-2001, 08:52 PM   #20
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
mabye the dont stab 'em.Mabye they sneak up on them and bash them up side the head,after all they are theifs,and most theifs are thugs of some sort,and thugs do that.but then it should be called "Head Bash" and staead of "Backstab"