Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 01:52 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

Don't missunderstand me. I think it is a horrible thing what happened in washington. Thousands of lives, lives of innocent people, blown away... and for what? So the arabian people could laugh and dance on their streets? If that is the only thing that can make these people happy, they are wicked and doesn't deserve to live.

I think it is a tragedy, but have in mind... people get killed in bloody wars everyday. In many middle-east countries (israel) people are being raped and killed for being of a special nationality... don't forget them, remember that not just the americans are suffering right now.

The whole world is sad, except the middle-east, because it happened in america... would it really have started such a ruckus if this had happened in Estonia... no, I don't think so.
I think it is quite sad, that one nationality is more worth than another...

Well, now, let's send a thought to the people that have lost their lives in such horrible ways, and to the people suffering because of...

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-12-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Just to let you know...I would have been horrified no matter WHERE this happened. I would still be outraged and want the person/people responsible brought to justice. It's just wrong. This wasn't just a crime against America, it's a crime against Humanity.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-12-2001, 01:58 PM   #3
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I have to honestly say this would be a tremendous tragedy, no matter where it happened and to whom it would have happened to. I believe this tragedy would have touched all of us.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 02:02 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Istaron, you just aren't going to be able to fully appreciate the horror felt by the American people unless you live here and are a part of this great nation. I get the impression, from your post, that you are not.

We have always thought ourselves impregnable to terrorism. It has been shown in the last couple of years that this is not the case. However, I agree 100% with DragonMage. Even if this happened in Estonia, as you surmise, I would be horrified and calling for justice. You can bet your ass if 20,000+ innocent people were brutally and unknowingly murdered in under 2 hours that the USA would be right there helping Estonia via funds, supplies, humanitarian aid, and military power if requested.

I'm not sure that a mass murder of this magnitude has been seen since WWII...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 09-12-2001, 02:03 PM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

I suspect there is a grain of truth in there somewhere but the point is about 50,000 people were in the world trade centre when it came down.

They were not in a war, they were not in a country in a dispute with itself they were just normal people going about their own lives many went to work in the morning and will never go back home to their families again.

The scale of what happened is what has stunned everyone not just the fact that it was America-although that played a part.

I think there would be shock and outrage no matter where something like this happened but again it wouldn't happen in Estonia because the terrorists deliberately struck at potent symbols of western ideology-capitalism. And there are none of them in Estonia or most other countries for that matter.

Yes bad things happen to people all over the world but in MOST cases rape, murder etc only affects one or two people-its not acceptable but it happens.

This will have world wide repercussion that is why everyone is jumping up and down-it is going to cost billions to repair the damage, fuel prices will go up if Bush falls out with the Middle East over this, tourism worldwide will suffer because americans won't want to fly anywhere and international insurance companies are going to hike up their premiums to pay for the claims they are going to receive from New York companies and residents.

Oh and there's the chance of a full scale war between the US and whoever sponsored these terrorists.

It is not that American lives are more important than those of other nations they are not its just that this afects us all like it or not.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:06 PM   #6
MagiK

was goona say something but decided against it.

Istaron they have been killing each other for hundreds of years in the middle east. That has nothing to do with what the USA will decide to do about the attacks.

For decades we have been trying to promote peace in the middle east and help keep people from being oppressed. All we get back are terrorist attacks and people celebrating in the streets giving out candy, rejoicing that people in the USA were slaughtered too.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 02:07 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Couldn't have put it better myself Dragonmage

What makes this incident so bad is that the terrorists have really struck America where it hurts. The World Trade Center was the heart of New York and it must be a terrible loss to any American out there. Even though I'm from the Netherlands I still sympathise greatly with the US and understand the full extent of how horrible this is. My girlfriend is American and so I've felt it just as much as she has. Many people have predicted that terrorism would be the world's next major threat and it doesn't seem that they were incorrect. I only hope we can eradicate it so that similar things don't happen in the future.

------------------
http://go.to/alex-p Take a look at my site!

Old 09-12-2001, 02:10 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Its horrible indeed,
but its also very strange.
If terrorists blow up a tower its a crime against humanity.
But wen we blew up German citys with our so called *terror bombardments* in 1945 killing tens of thousands or maybe even more, it was called a heroic act.
Now dont get me wrong, i think its a terrible thing and hope that Bin Laden rots in hell but we should keep in mind that to these people it IS war just as it was to us back then and they will go straight to heaven for there *noble* deeds, or so they think.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 09-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If it was bin Laden that did this, is he not an enemy to many nations?
He has committed crimes in more than the U.S., and so we are not the only ones that will be spitting on his grave when he is no longer of this earth.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #10
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
was goona say something but decided against it.

Istaron they have been killing each other for hundreds of years in the middle east. That has nothing to do with what the USA will decide to do about the attacks.

For decades we have been trying to promote peace in the middle east and help keep people from being oppressed. All we get back are terrorist attacks and people celebrating in the streets giving out candy, rejoicing that people in the USA were slaughtered too.
Ye gods, it hasn't been proven that it was the Middle East! I agree that this is probable and that CELELBRATING because of this disaster is a monstrous thing to do, but don't convict them before they have been proven guilty. Never to mention that the majority of the people in the Middle East had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this even IF certain rebel factions did this. Their attitude is horrible but we have no PROOF.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe