Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 07:26 AM   #21
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well have to agree since I have killed the shadow Dragon (still he´s still a tiny little black Dragon not a real shadow dragon since his hide just gives you protection against acid an article in dragon magazine said that shadow dragons and drakes hide gives you good ac with magic resitance! that would hav been good, though Shadow Dragons are real real reaaaaal tough ones!!) Well anyway I feel that the loot from both Dragons aren´t that much, ok, you get good armors, but they still nags bit of coin from you to have them made, and Carsomyr is a great weapon if you have a paladin with you, otherwise you are in for it for about 5000-600 gp depending on where you sell it, now where is that multitude of gold and gems that the famous reds keep as a little bed to sleep on??

Howl with me!
Santa is a true sadist whipping some poor raindeers so they can deliver toys to brats all over the world
Old 12-23-2000, 08:37 PM   #22
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Yes me too was disappointed when i killed Firkraag: the great sword which i couldnt use and a shit cloak. But it got better when i went to Cromwell´s with the dragon´s thing and got the armor. It´s really good i think, mainly because you can use it with other magic protection item. It would be fine if i could finally unite all the dragon armors and make a unique extra-good armor !! I´ll have to wait to see if its possible...

Old 12-23-2000, 08:55 PM   #23
Ronn

I didn't attempt this quest until Chapter 5. My experience with the lich in the gate district in level two let me know I would wait until much later.

With my characters between 17-20th level I was able to kill the lichs with out protection or cheesy (your opinion not mine) strategies. Even at this level my assaults left my party bloody!

The demi lich, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter. I tried 15-20 times with my party at the levels listed above and he cast imprisionment every single time. I managed to hurt him, but nothing near defeating him. IMHO the demi lich cannot be beat with the Protection From Magic Scroll.

This does make an impossible quest impossibly easy, but figuring out that it takes the magic scroll is a much a party of strategy as setting up the fighting order of your party, or choosing which spells to have you mage memorize. This battle is a puzzle, nothing more, nothing less. And like with any other puzzle, once you figure it out it's incredibly easy.

Figuring it out isn't cheesy, but maybe finding the answer on the message board is......

Don't get me wrong, that's how I found out the answer

The other part of the equation is the "fun" factor. After I played the demi lich section for two days, I was less concerned with figuring it out myself than just finding out

MERRY CHRISTMAS