Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I just got done shoveling three dead animal corpses. My mom found a squirrel with its head clean off resting on one side of our porch, when I went to move it the body was all stiff [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Found a field mouse in the crevice between our driveway and the lawn. Must have been there a while because the eyes were gone, and the inside of its head was hollowed out.

Lastly, just after I came inside after dispatching the mouse, my mom went outside and found this huge dead rat right next to the water vent (or whatever they're called). I've never in all my life seen such a big rat, the thing was bigger than a squirrel! It was in the same condition as the mouse, the flesh on its head was gone and the skull was in open view. Maggots all over the place too. Funny thing is, I didn't see it earlier, but I could smell it.

To top it off, I think I might have gotten a few spots of poison ivy on my arm and leg from getting that squirrel.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:33 AM   #2
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

In case you're interested, there are things you can spray outside that will keep the cats away if you need to. Here's some listed on Petco's website, but many pet stores should have these or similar products:

http://www.petco.com/Productlisting....or&Dept_ID=678
Old 05-21-2003, 07:49 AM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

"Why do cats like to play with their food?" Because it annoys you.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:50 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

wrong! all wrong! Why do cats like to play with their food? The real reason is the cat want to emphasize to you that one day he will do the same thing to you.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Nanobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
"Why do cats like to play with their food?" Because it annoys you.
Not necessarily annoying as it is disgusting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
The real reason is the cat want to emphasize to you that one day he will do the same thing to you.
I don't know where you're going with this, but the cats we have around here would sooner show you some affection than bite your head off.

[ 05-21-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 05-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
It's their hunting instinct [img]smile.gif[/img] . I know someone who puts her cat's bowl of food around corners so the cat can sneak up on it and pounce . My baby isn't allowed outside so she doesn't get to catch rodents, but she does catch moths that get inside and sometimes little skinks (though I always save them if I catch her in time), and she always plays with them - catches them, then lets them go, catches again and so on until they lie down and don't get up again. Cats are so precious!
Old 05-21-2003, 05:02 PM   #7
Nanobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Cats are so precious!
Aye, they are. We have two of our own that we keep locked up tight inside the house, but they seem to manage with the dry food we give em.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:06 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Nonobyte:
I don't know where you're going with this, but the cats we have around here would sooner show you some affection than bite your head off.
That was a joke Nanobyte, a joke about cats wanting to annihilate human beings and rule the world. oh nevermind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-21-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 05-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #9
Niadh
Elminster

in the past 3 months( the kills we know of, there wil be others)

5 Birds- 3 brought inside
a mouse today
a gazillion leaves (honestly, the cat loves to give them to us)

One of the birds was dumped in my room, before being plucked all over the floor, one was gored in the Tv room. Stupid mess.

The mouse today was treated as a toy for 10min as the cat ran about with it.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />