Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-01-2001, 11:33 AM   #1
www.cffl.com

Ok this feels wierd posting it on a web site but here goes. There is this one girl that all my frinds say that she has said that she wanted to know if i would go out with her and im not sure what to do. Some ppl have said that the only reason she ased is bcuz they were playing truth or dare and te one dare was to ask me out. But that was a couple months ag that they had played hat but i dont know what i should do. Thanx for the advice.

------------------

That is what Bin Laden is going to look like when we are done with him.

Old 10-01-2001, 11:38 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

My advice would be this:

Ignore the 'truth or dare' thing - it may be completely irrelevant.

Respect your friends, they likely have your best intentions at heart, but don't be driven by them into any course of action.

Ask yourself - do you like this girl? If the answer is yes, and you feel pleased or flattered that she might be interested in you, then why not take the plunge and ask her out?
The worst that can happen is it doesn't work out - and then you are no worse off than you are now, if that makes any sense!
Good luck!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-01-2001, 11:40 AM   #3
www.cffl.com

Thank you so much and that does make sense.

------------------

Old 10-01-2001, 11:44 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well....I guess one thing to ask yourself first is "Do I want to go out with her?" If you aren't interested in her, don't worry about it any more.

If you are interested, my best suggestion is to ask her if you can speak to her alone. If she agrees, then tell her what you were told including the situation with the truth or dare game (without saying who told you) and see what she says. If she denies saying anything of the sort, drop it. Don't make a big deal of it and go on. If she admits to it, then it depends on your ages, maturity levels and what your parents allow (if you are minors).

But as I don't know the whole situation, it's really hard to say for sure how you should handle this. In my opinion, though, honesty is always best. The worst that can happen is that she didn't say it and isn't interested. If that's the case, like I said, make sure she doesn't think it's a big deal, thank her for taking the time to answer your question(s) and go about your business.

Edit: Sorry, I was typing my post as Epona was sending hers. I just wasn't fast enough.
------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS and Official Hypnotizer of the ORT *kneedeep*.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 11:56 AM   #5
www.cffl.com

thanx for your help but i have to go. I have to go back to homeschooling but ill be on later to post something else i have to say, i just dont have time now.

------------------

Old 10-01-2001, 02:36 PM   #6
www.cffl.com

The only problem with the whole thing was that she had her friends ask me so i wasnt quite sure wha to say because i thought they where lying so i just said i dont know to have time to think about it. Then i had talked with my friends and they said that she did say all of ths and she wanted to know so istill dont know. i'm stil not sure but i will find out about all this when they get home from school.

You guys have been SOOOO muh help though.
I was thinkng the same thing aobut the Truth and dare thing.

------------------

Old 10-01-2001, 03:43 PM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My point of view is something I might not do myself (Sounds like a good advice comming up right?)
Well, maybe I would..

Play truth or dare with yourself, dare yourself to go out with her. If anyone Should be mean about it, just tell them to go fly, cause you doubled dared it by playing truth or dare about a girl that might have truthed or dared about you..

Another thing is this, never look a given horse in the mouth, he might not know what colgate is, but he is still a horse for free..

OKI, sorry if I messed it up here. But the final choice should be yours.
Is she worth it?
Are you worth it?

Whatever you choose, good luck!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper