Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-04-2001, 03:57 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Yeah, I have that same problem. My laptop doesn't have much space either and I have so many utilities crammed in there that it only leaves me 2 gigs free. Anytime I want to play a game of sorts, I have to uninstall and then re-install. Only prob with that is that I have to re-install patches and stuff too. Boy does that get aggravating. More reason to get an upgrade, and soon.

Do u know much about partitioning?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-04-2001, 07:07 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Take it from me Memnoch - it never works. Look at India/Pakistan, Nothern Ireland, Cyprus, Korea, the Balkans - it always makes more trouble

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-04-2001, 07:45 AM   #23
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Do u know much about partitioning?

I know a little about partitioning. My desktop computer has 30 Gigs on it, but I have it set up as 2 drives with 15 Gigs apiece. The laptop only has 6 Gigs on it. I'm using up 4 Gigs of that right now and most of the applications that I use are really memory intensive (hd). They use up 500 Megs at a time. That leaves me with around 1 Gig free. Laptops need as much memory as they can get so I leave that open. I hope to upgrade to either a 15 Gig or 32 Gig drive, but they are too expensive for me to get right now.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 07:48 AM   #24
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, I think I misunderstood what you were asking. Are you asking me how to do it? You run a program that resizes your hard drive. There are a couple of programs that can do a hot re-partition, but I can't remember the name of those. I normally use F-Disk. Unfortunately, when you re-partition, you have to re-format your hd (unless you hot partition it, don't have to do it then). After that, you normally have to re-install the op system, plus whatever you had on it. (Another reason to love hot re-partitions as they are fine afterwards.)

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 08:55 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Take it from me Memnoch - it never works. Look at India/Pakistan, Nothern Ireland, Cyprus, Korea, the Balkans - it always makes more trouble

Donut strikes again

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-04-2001, 11:14 AM   #26
Hesperex

As all AD&Der's should no sleep is something that just HAS! to go, sleep is for the WEAK...muwhahahaha and a fine torture for assassins to use against there targets.

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #27
turbovee
Elminster

Sleep is for the weak!

what huh? Oh must have been a dream *snooooorrrrre*

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!

[This message has been edited by turbovee (edited 03-04-2001).]
Old 03-04-2001, 01:47 PM   #28
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hmmmm. And I thought it was MERCY IS FOR THE WEAK.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 02:04 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I sloooowed down yesterday. The addiction is strong but another addiction- multi-player gaming also has me in it's clutches. Someone mentioned sleep...I had that once...I think it was good. Need my BG2 forum spam soooo much more...gotta check one last time..yesssss my precioussessss jussssstone...ACK! I'm dreaming of the board, the multiplay games...or am I awake? I don't know anymore. I yawned through church and my eyes were wide open when I logged on here..it's ruining my social life..hey wait it IS my social life! HAHAHHAHAHA

CB looking for pink

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 03-04-2001, 02:08 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

THAT DID IT!!!!!!! Tobbin
You inspired me to do the post that sent my stars PINK! YESSSSSS!

Lookout Memnsy, Cloudy has you in her sights again- you have to sleep sometime or work or go out for more spam dinner makings....and when you do... BEEP BEEP CloudRunner will whip on past you!

FRABJOUS JOY! A DROW is born today!

------------------
Storm-Queen