Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Come on guys! There has been no post in this forum today! Let's talk a little!

I have some questions for you guys:

What is your favorite Console game of all time, and why?

Me, I would have to go with Lunar I guess. What can be better than a roleplaying game with anime scenes in it?

What is your favorite console game among the games that were released this year, and why?

My choice would be Final Fantasy origins, for the nostalgia. I guess I'm cheating a little, it's more like a re-release, but I play so little new console games now, my choices are a little limited. :0

What console game influenced you the most, and why?

For me, it was Street Fighter II. It was the first 16 bit game I ever played. I had seen Mortal Kombat at the arcade, and was worshiping it. I didn't have any money to play it, but I could spend hours watching the demo. Then one of my friends borrowed a Snes, and it came with Street Fighter, and he made me try it.

I was such a noob! I had played tons of games before that, but always adventures or puzzle games, the nes, sega master system, and atari were not the best system for fighting games. My friend having some trouble beating "some guy in red with a red cap" so he gave "the sumo" and handed me the game controller. Saying "this character is easy to use, try it". I was overwhelmed by all those buttons on the controller, so I just pushed at random. My strategy was "get close to the red guy and press something".

And believe it or not, I nearly won the fight, and my friend was amazed at that. I later found out it was mister Bison, and the game was on a hard difficulty setting.

Ok, last question. What was the first console game you ever played?

For me, it was the racing and the hunting game that came with he Sega Master system, I think. I got one when it first came out. I think I might have played atari before that, but I can't remember, that was a long time ago. Then I think I played "Island Adventure" next. I'm not sure if it's the right title. You were a caveman and your girlfriend got kidnapped by a lion headed monster, and you fought by throwing axes at monsters. Your health was going down with time and you had to always eat food to keep it up. If you ever touched a rock or a fire, it would hurt you.

After every few levels, you would fight the bad guy, and you had to knock his head off, and then he would get another animal head in the next level.

I liked this game so much!

Then the next one was mario I think, for a few days, and after that tetris, and I got hooked. My whole family would play tetris. I played tons of games after that, but the ones that I got hooked on were Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Contra. I would play Zelda and Contra all day long, I was playing Final Fantasy less often, because my friend owned it, and he was older than me, and pretended to understand english, so most of the time, I was simply sitting next to him as he was playing. But that was still lots of fun.

What about you guys?

[ 05-08-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 05-08-2003, 03:59 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:

Mine would be Breath of Fire 3. why? I love Breath of Fire series and this is the climax of Breath of Fire stories. This one seems to answered most of this series mysteries. I like mysteries and I like solving it. Also, the hero can transform into a dragon which makes him uber powerful. Not to mention it got a fine variety of skills and magics to learn. The music here is very nice is soothing. Just hear the Wyndia theme music.

What is your favorite console game among the games that were released this year, and why?

Final Fantasy X-2 obviously. why? because this game answer what happen after FFX. since this game isn't out overthere I won't elaborate much.

Dance Dance Revolution! why? because this game actually make me move my feet and my body and make me sweat a lot. yes, I can actually exercise with this game. because of that, I don't need to go out to the park to jock anymore. Besides that, you can listen to music.

Bomberman! eyup, I got it on my very first SNES game. I love blasting bricks and monsters sky high. I remember I play this game so long that my father nearly take away my SNES.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #3
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Okay, if you insist...

None. I don't like console games.

None. I don't own any console, unless if you count GBA as mini consoles

Defender. It totally sucked me into the world of TV games. Oh, back then, the consoles were known as TV Games.

What was the first console game you ever played?
COMBAT on my old ATARI TV Game.

[ 05-08-2003, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Breath of Fire was very good. Iliked the third one better, too. But if I remember well, there is a 4th one too, right?

I played Bomberman a lot, too.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

yes, there is a 4th one for PSX. a month ago a PC version of it also came out.
There is also 5th one for PS2. though this seems totally different from previous installment.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luvian:
[QB] Come on guys! There has been no post in this forum today! Let's talk a little!

I have some questions for you guys:

I would have to say Final Fantasy 3 or 6 w/e you wanna call it because i played it so many times through i owned two copies and had all the files on both cartiages full [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Most recent console game i have is GTA3 vice city really fun what could be better then stealing cars Doing mob hits killing drug dealers.

Greatest console series ever MK series best ones are Mk2 Mk3 Mk trilogy

First console game i ever played was super mario bro's on nes and i could never beat it ARG

I
Old 05-09-2003, 07:54 PM   #7
GokuZool
Lord Ao

What is your favorite console game of all time, and why?

Hardest question first eh? I think it would have to be Perfect Dark on N64. This game improved so much over Goldeneye, with bots in multiplayer, original story, great weapons and other stuff I can't remember right now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance hands down! Not only does it have the original game (which is probably the best game ever in itself,) it also has 300 or so VR misssions, 5 extra stories and a bonus making of DVD.

It would have to be Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. The story, interesting characters, the vast world, puzzles, freedom, graphics..EVERYTHING! If only I had a Gamcube, I could play the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time in one

What was the first console game you ever played?

I think it was Mario Kart on the N64. The replay value was huge, as you could discover shortcuts and quirky things every time you played!

[ 05-09-2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:08 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I heard Metal Gear 1 was a lot better than 2, what do you think about that?
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

1. Super Mario RPG, since I had a lot of fun the first time I rented it, and later bought it. I still haven't beaten the last boss.

2. I haven't bought any really new games lately, other than FF Origins. I've always liked the FF series ever since I played FF7. I now have every FF game for the playstation (excluding FF7 and 8, I have those on the computer) except FF anthology. (I have almost beaten FFT, and on one TV show it said that FFT was the second most difficult game of all time. I kind of disagree, unless you are fighting a large group of chocobos.)

3. Crash Bandicoot: Warped, since it looked really cool at the time (I didn't even have an N64 yet). I really wanted to get a playstation after that because of the graphics and how fun the game was.

4. Either Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis, or a duck-hunting game my cousin had for the nintendo.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm..I dont know, I think I would have to say Chrono Trigger.

I am not real sure what console games were realsed this year. So I cant really answer the question.

I am not sure if any console game has ever influensed me all that much. Like I said abone, Chrono Trigger was pretty awsome, I guess that would be the answer.

Super Mario on NES
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote