Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #31
eindride_II
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the heads-up, but i dont really care that much about capital letters.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #32
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Actually, Zuvio, jingoism is the word. I just needed to here/see it again to remember. Wait, just checked. Chauvinism and jingoism are synonymous. But yeah, many Americans suffer from such a state of mind. Not the majority, though. Just enough that it gets noticed. And because they are such a loud bunch they can be confused for a majority view. (least that's my opinion. Survey's might say otherwise, but untill they survey every American citizen I'm likely to stand by my views.)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-15-2003, 03:09 PM   #33
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Actually, Zuvio, jingoism is the word. I just needed to here/see it again to remember. Wait, just checked. Chauvinism and jingoism are synonymous. But yeah, many Americans suffer from such a state of mind. Not the majority, though. Just enough that it gets noticed. And because they are such a loud bunch they can be confused for a majority view. (least that's my opinion. Survey's might say otherwise, but untill they survey every American citizen I'm likely to stand by my views.)

LoL! Chauvinism, that's why I couldn't find it in Harvard's!
Agreed, not all people in america are chauvinistic, offcourse. But the general view that, I think, europeans have of the american people is chauvinistical in nature. From all kinds of different angles, we feel that they are constantly bragging about there country, how great it is and that everything is better there. When americans talk, it's always about america and the rest of the world. God bless america...... right, christians here in europe will not get blessings because, well, they aren't living in america. But I think that most humans are proud of their homeland no matter what and that it will be a futile discussion of what nation is best..... oh wait, that wasn't even th topic. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] off then it is

Old 11-15-2003, 03:22 PM   #34
Sir Goulum
John Locke

What do I think of the US, eh? Canadian copiers
Old 11-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #35
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Nonsense Sir G, we copy the entire world indiscriminantly. Then we throw in some pride and prejudice (Some more than others). Me personally, America is just another country. It doesn't matter whether we have a bigger military or not, after all Britain had the bigger better army when we broke free. Just goes to show bigger aint always better. (Some may think we won that war by pure luck, I say it's cuz Britains commanders didn't take us seriously in time.)

[ 11-15-2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-15-2003, 06:45 PM   #36
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

What do I think of the United States? I've been to the U.S.A. many times (usually on a vaction in Florida). There are some things that I like about the U.S. and other things that I don't like.

Americans can be very friendly people and there's plenty of exciting places places to go. The United States is also the most powerful contry in the world (of course). On the other hand I hate President Bush(a teribble president in my opinion) and the government in conrol right now.

Foreignly, the United States can act like a bully to other countries. That's one of the reasons why they have a lot of enemies and countries against them.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #37
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Nonsense Sir G, we copy the entire world indiscriminantly.
Bah! Think about all the Oilers wannabe's!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:56 PM   #38
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Im An American but i've never lived in America, it's a great place to visit, but I'd never want to live there...
Old 11-16-2003, 12:51 AM   #39
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by eindride_II:
thanks for the heads-up, but i dont really care that much about capital letters.
Okay only wanted to help!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:13 AM   #40
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
and history both strange and wonderful.

If just a little short
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show