Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 10:51 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

no, please, don't give me positive comments, or negative ones, better yet, ignore this damn post

sometimes, things just seem so dark... life just is one ■■■■■■■ confusion piece of shit, and sure as hell it is hard, not hard to live by, but hard to face

I am in this position of hard to live a life rather than life a hard life.

and sometimes it is amazing how so many craps can happen to one single person, and her life just seems so hard that YOU want to stop living

yeah, you can tell me to get over it, or you can tell me "everything will be FINE". both are bullshit. nothing will be fine until one chooses to face her hardships, handicaps, obstacles, past hurts whatever that is. and it is DEFINITELY not easy to get over with it

life requires action, mine is a picture

or...
I can choose to celebrate over the fact that I have a relationship
I can choose to improve life because I got nothing better to do
I can choose to make myself a better person so that people can love me
I can choose to love not because I am getting reward, but because I love
I can choose to be happy that I am hurt because I have feelings

what a life
when you look at life that way, are you a loser? or are you a winner? or does it matter at all?
Old 10-11-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
H. Sedai

Forgive me, but I cannot ignore that post.

I won't give you any advice. I'll just share something from my life. My little sister was just diagnosed as having a grade 3 brain tumor. The doctors say she has a total of 3 years to live. It was a profound shock to us. I'm the oldest brother in my family and I'm going trough the cycle of denial and grief over it. My sister, Beth, is 25 years old and is 5 months pregnant. She is the one who encourages us when we get that worried look on our faces. We feel inefective but she reminds us about what is important in life. Family and friends are what really matter.

I'm still not offering advice. I only want to remind you that you have online friends who care.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-11-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Arent relationship's a royal pain. Wait till you get married,
it only get's better. then you have children. I tell you what
though no matter how bad it get's, I know she'll be there
for me and I there for her. You just get a flat nose from time
to time when life hit's squarley between the eye's.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:
Forgive me, but I cannot ignore that post.

I won't give you any advice. I'll just share something from my life. My little sister was just diagnosed as having a grade 3 brain tumor. The doctors say she has a total of 3 years to live. It was a profound shock to us. I'm the oldest brother in my family and I'm going trough the cycle of denial and grief over it. My sister, Beth, is 25 years old and is 5 months pregnant. She is the one who encourages us when we get that worried look on our faces. We feel inefective but she reminds us about what is important in life. Family and friends are what really matter.

I'm still not offering advice. I only want to remind you that you have online friends who care.

hey, thats the best darn thing I've ever heard since breakfast

lol, I just realized something about patience when I am eating
all have patience, but not everyone learnt to use his

patience requries two things:
an accpetence that reality cannot be changed
a strong faith that it will change in future

with that in mind, I am already looking at things in a brighter light
thanks a lot for your post, for now, I will just hold on to whats important in life

best wishs to you too
Old 10-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

I can choose to celebrate over the fact that I have a relationship
I can choose to improve life because I got nothing better to do
I can choose to make myself a better person so that people can love me
I can choose to love not because I am getting reward, but because I love
I can choose to be happy that I am hurt because I have feelings
I know we haven't seen eye to eye lately but how about choosing options 1, 2 AND 3

hope things perk up

BTW, what happened to your old posting style. I miss those raves about "Stone Golems"

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-11-2001, 11:45 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I know we haven't seen eye to eye lately but how about choosing options 1, 2 AND 3

hope things perk up

BTW, what happened to your old posting style. I miss those raves about "Stone Golems"

HAHHA!! that? well... got to find my old tongue... **looks for it later**
well, there is nothing wrong with option 4 and 5, I am just saying it so that... ackk, no worry about me, things are complex, but not bad

onsh agang tanksh fer leplying teeeheee herez ma eld pazzitin shtyle zat eveliwun liks aye aye am I aye :biglugh: oopsh cunnut even shpel zat aye sigggggghhhh liv shuksh!!
Old 10-11-2001, 12:42 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Aah - thems were the days - struggling to read those posts was most entertaining indeed!!

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-11-2001, 12:48 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Aah - thems were the days - struggling to read those posts was most entertaining indeed!!

HAHAHA wut wut wut yuo actuuli twied tu lead zem all??
i findz zatz vely haad tu beleave indzeed fer ma englix iz zo axerlent yuo dunt need tu stwaggle tu underzdand zem aye?
Old 10-11-2001, 01:17 PM   #9
Lord Shield

its moozt beh sayd thut itz tuk ay wile to figer demm wurdz ot

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-12-2001, 02:30 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Ignorance is bliss. Delusion is strength

250 brighten up! If you want to live well, then dont expect to live perfectly.
If you're ever not satisfied(understatment, I know), think about this.

A man was filling a box with grain in order to attract birds, but the only birds he saw were crows and ravens, in the dozens, eating all the grain. Every time he refilled the box with grain, the ravens and crows would return, picking it clean. He moaned and thought, "where are the beautiful birds that I wanted to see?" And a voice in him said, "These ARE beautiful birds. Perhaps you just wanted the most colourful."

Cheer up matey! Too much thought can lead you into depression faster than you can blink.

------------------
No-Name Face