Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-08-2001, 09:30 AM   #131
Link
Jack Burton

I read all of them.. pretty cool, you'd be surprised.. And the monsters (minotaurs, and medusa's are usuable for the game!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 11:15 AM   #132
Melusine
Dracolisk

Do you mean the D&D versions of Medusa's, minotaurs etc. or are you planning on creating new versions? I think D&D has used a lot of them already, apart from the ones mentioned above... But you could make your own creatures based on mythology.... you could also draw on different world mythologies.... maybe you could use Valkyries (Kiwiwdoc would sure love that ) in the game
Skylla and Charybdis from greek myth also lends themselves well for incorporation in a game I think.... If you need more, I'm sure me and some other forum members could provide more of them.
Just brainstorming here...

BTW the ubercoolest monster you could ever think up would of course be the monstrous, grotesque, horrendous, gruesome..........

FLUFFY!!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-09-2001, 01:22 AM   #133
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

sounds like a good story with the Mirror thing. Maybe a wolf or something could come up and bark at the hero... and if he continues to go the wrong way then the wolf comes back and barks again. and so on

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 01:26 AM   #134
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Havent read any Earthsea books.... who did em again??

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 06:41 AM   #135
Legolas the Elven Archer

I believe the Fluffy would be so scary that you might give players a heart attack

Looking at Greek mythology is a good idea, but you might want to alter the creatures a bit (Like a Minotaur with snakes and a Medusa with horns. Yeah, right).
You could also get your creatures from a book called "De Heersers der Duisternis" in Dutch. I don't know the original name (it isn't mentioned in the book, but it would most likely be something like "The rulers of Darkness"). It is written by Tanith Lee and part of it describes daemon society.
You might be able to create a quest based on them (which would be set in the equivalent of the underdark).

And the Earthsea books are written by LeGuin (which I already said before on page five)

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-11-2001, 04:07 AM   #136
Link
Jack Burton

Typically EarthHog... he never reads everything... see page 5 Hoggie, as Legolas told you!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-11-2001, 05:03 AM   #137
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
I believe the Fluffy would be so scary that you might give players a heart attack

Looking at Greek mythology is a good idea, but you might want to alter the creatures a bit (Like a Minotaur with snakes and a Medusa with horns. Yeah, right).
You could also get your creatures from a book called "De Heersers der Duisternis" in Dutch. I don't know the original name (it isn't mentioned in the book, but it would most likely be something like "The rulers of Darkness"). It is written by Tanith Lee and part of it describes daemon society.
You might be able to create a quest based on them (which would be set in the equivalent of the underdark).

And the Earthsea books are written by LeGuin (which I already said before on page five)

Yeah you might have a point there... Fluffy would just be too damn scary
Warning explicit content follows
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway nice to hear that you read Tanith Lee, she done some good stuff, quite prolific as well. I think the book you are referring to though is a collection of five separate ones...can't think of the titles off the top of my head...

If you include an underworld quest I'd still draw on mythology and give it a twist of your own imagination

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-11-2001, 11:29 AM   #138
Legolas the Elven Archer

Yes, it is a collection of five. Those titles are in the book (Night's Master, Death's Master, Delusion's Master, Delirium's Mistress and Night's Sorceries respectively). The weird thing is that the name of the entire collection isn't.
Personally, I always prefer to read all of the books of a single series in a row, so such collections are ideal for me

And then there's a question for Link. We've been typing for almost six pages now and I take it you are currently working hard on your game. Could you tell us what you need most now? (eg. monsters, quests, storyline)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 06-13-2001).]

Old 06-14-2001, 08:02 AM   #139
Legolas the Elven Archer

BUMP

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 10:17 AM   #140
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

OI!!!!! LINK!!!!!!!!!! whats up with this idea????? post on it so i can keep up with ya.

------------------