Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2000, 11:24 AM   #1
Larr2

I just wanted to see if anyone has read any good stuff, to recommend. I am reading "Once Around the Realms", by Forgotten Realms, and although I cannot remember the author's name at the moment, I am disappointed in the way it is written. There are a few mispelled words and the lead character said "Amen", in his dialog with someone. That is a Christian term, that does not find a place in the Forgotten Realms Fantasy. It was not a good choice of expression.
Old 12-21-2000, 01:18 PM   #2
Larr2

Bump...
Old 12-31-2000, 05:07 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Just got done with Jordan's latest anticlimax, Winters Heart *Snoozage*. I find myself reading him more out of a feeling of compulsion to finish the series than actually wanting to lately. Since Book 1 of the Wheel of Time they've all been downhill in my opinion.

To cheer myself up a little I re-read (for what must be the nth time since purchase) a series of books by Peter Morwood: The Horse Lord, The Demon Lord, The Dragon Lord, and The Warlord's domain. These are out of print but if you can find them anywhere I can very strongly recommend them. My copies are beaten up, tattered, and dropped in the bath several times but I keep coming back to them. Best series I've ever read.

Regards,
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 05:08 PM   #4
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(yes I know its an AD&D forum but nobody had replied )
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #5
Dwarf

I recently re read Legend and Wolf in Shadow by David Gemmel, The True Game by Teri.S.Shepper (if she's still in print I'll be surprised) and am starting to read my Peter Moorwood books again (think of a Samurai culture with Viking/Anglo Saxon names and cultural crossovers, and spring powered pistols wich only have a 15ft effective range and as such are rarely used).All of these are worth reading (when's the next Gemmel book out? I know that 'cause I'm English just like him I should know more about this but I thought I'd ask anyway).
Old 01-07-2001, 01:38 AM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I'm currently reading
Portal of Death by Weiss and Hickman

just don't know if that is Ad&D
nice books anyway

I'm now at book 5
and after i finish i want to read about elminster
the first elminster book
is a making of a mage right?
Rikard T'Aranaxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 02:16 AM   #7
Archlich Azuth

yes it is. death portal is the one with the book called dragons wing or evlen star. about a guy covered with runes right. if so not it isn't. has anyone read or owns the complete harper set. i personal own the complate dizzt saga and the ones about the drow female and the berzaker, oh and the cleric quintet and avarta triolgy, eleminster....gezz i think i got about a 100 a&d form forgotten relams and dragon lance.
Old 01-10-2001, 10:03 AM   #8
Elminster
Welcomed New User

i have recently read a new David Gemmel book called Hero In The Shadows which i think is very good.Also read a lot of his other books and Elminster Making of a Mage by Ed Greenwood.
Elminster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 10:11 AM   #9
Elminster
Welcomed New User

i have recently read a new David Gemmel book called Hero In The Shadows which i think is very good.Also read a lot of his other books and Elminster Making of a Mage by Ed Greenwood.
Elminster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 04:49 PM   #10
Dwarf

Interresting, I don't think I've read that one yet (his Sipstrassi books aren't as god as the Drenai ones) so I'll look into it. Incidentally, when I first read "Legend" (six or seven years ago at least) I was thinking of Sean Connery and typically Englishly understated sizes, not like some artists who do stupidly oversized things (eg. a man with skinny arms holding a two handed sword in one hand wich just happens to be really badly balanced) and was very happy that when I saw Fangorn's version (the Graphic Novel, very rare nowadays) I was glad to see that he hadn't gone OTT on the fractional proportions (even though he's an ex Games Workshop artist and Nigel Stillman's an ex GW writer).