Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Okay, so what's your opinion on graffiti, is it art or just damn annoying..
The reason I brought this up is because there has recently been quite a stir-up in sweden about the police shutting down a graffiti exhibition in a public premise in Stockholm, because of the very strict rules about not allowing graffiti anywhere in the city..
Many people has been upset about this exhibition because the people who took part in the exhibition soon went out and scrawled in the subways in Stockholm.
So what's your opinion..
And please let's keep graffiti and meaningless scribble (known as 'tags') apart
Old 01-10-2002, 02:07 PM   #2
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
Okay, so what's your opinion on graffiti, is it art or just damn annoying..
The reason I brought this up is because there has recently been quite a stir-up in sweden about the police shutting down a graffiti exhibition in a public premise in Stockholm, because of the very strict rules about not allowing graffiti anywhere in the city..
Many people has been upset about this exhibition because the people who took part in the exhibition soon went out and scrawled in the subways in Stockholm.
So what's your opinion..
And please let's keep graffiti and meaningless scribble (known as 'tags') apart

I've never been to your country, Sir Regin. So I can't comment on what you've seen. I have seen some very artistic graffiti in Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States. When it is for the purpose of art, then I support it. But, I guess it has to do with the eye of the beholder sometimes. All too often, it is the markings of a gang. I also think that perhaps not everyone in your country is blonde. I know for a fact that the Swedish chef on the muppets wasn't blonde.

Edited because of synaptic overload combined with intellectual dysfunction.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Old 01-10-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

If you ever go to L.A you might not be very tolerant of it. It sucks. Most of the graffiti out here isn't very attractive. There are some murals that the city sponsored which look pretty cool, but for the most part it's just crap.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-10-2002, 02:16 PM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Blond, maybe, but virgins ? How is it that there are still Swedes left ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 02:18 PM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I've never been to your country, Sir Regin. So I can't comment on what you've seen. I have seen some very artistic graffiti in Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States. When it is for the purpose of art, then I support it. But, I guess it has to do with the eye of the beholder sometimes. All too often, it is the markings of a gang. I also think that perhaps not everyone in your country is blonde. I know for a fact that the Swedish chef on the muppets wasn't blonde.

You don't need to comment on the specific example, it was only meant to describe some of the consequences of graffiti..
Oh and not everybody are blonde, just the virgins
And the chef on the muppets isn't swedish, man..you live in a dream [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

There are some kinds of graffiti that I really like.

I've never really had the experiance of seeing Graffitti that I don't like. It just appeals to me, looks cool.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:21 PM   #7
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Blond, maybe, but virgins ? How is it that there are still Swedes left ? [img]smile.gif[/img]

The non-virigns leave their children (if they have any) to those who are still virigns, and then we ship them off to Denmark..
[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 02:26 PM   #8
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

You don't need to comment on the specific example, it was only meant to describe some of the consequences of graffiti..
Oh and not everybody are blonde, just the virgins
And the chef on the muppets isn't swedish, man..you live in a dream [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I may not know how to woo the ladies like you do. I also might not have a clue how to act in public. But, I do know that his title was "Swedish Chef". I know my muppets.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I may not know how to woo the ladies like you do. I also might not have a clue how to act in public. But, I do know that his title was "Swedish Chef". I know my muppets.

Are you sure? Huh, I thought he was german or something, muppets aren't that popular in sweden [img]smile.gif[/img]

But people, don't let me detain you from writng all your opinions on graffiti
Old 01-10-2002, 03:37 PM   #10
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

There Are Some I Like And Some Not So... I Love The Cool Arty Graffiti, Where They Have Big Colourful Letters And Such, Like So:

But I hate It When People Just Write: DK Woz Ere Y2k... Thats Just A Pain..