Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 12:12 PM   #1
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Didn't Donut say, sometime back, that the Lord of the Rings Movie was openning there today? If so, I want some feed back! A national disc Jockey (Mancow Mueller) here in the states saw a special screening last week and he said it was pretty awesome, though the end would tend to confuse people who hadn't read the book. You all give us the word, though if you pan it, I have to admit I'll still go to see it.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:21 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

It is out on the 19th not otoday. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (i think)
Old 12-10-2001, 01:39 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

Read the book if you haven't [img]smile.gif[/img]

And you know, there are two more films to come, so don't worry if you don't get it at first.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:42 PM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

Yeah, I just finished The Fellowship Of The Ring and just started The Two Towers ! One of the bestest bits is with the Balrog, poor Gandalf Damn those orcs.
Old 12-10-2001, 04:35 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, Ted! Haven't seen you in a while and just wanted to say hi!
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 12-10-2001, 04:38 PM   #6
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Where I live, it's on the 18th that it opens.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:07 PM   #7
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

19th here. I am ready. I have read these books... at least 20 something times! When I went to Desert Storm I carried a bible, The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings with me! I'm listening to the Lord of the Rings on Books On Tape as I work now. I'm a fanatic!!!

Hey Reeka!!! Glad to see you up and around! I've been a way for a while, but I'm going to stay around more now.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:59 AM   #8
Vampire

It came out on the 9th as an exclusive world premier in London (last night) didn't win a ticket to see it with all the big stars

But for the public it's the 19th.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:50 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Didn't Donut say, sometime back, that the Lord of the Rings Movie was openning there today? If so, I want some feed back! A national disc Jockey (Mancow Mueller) here in the states saw a special screening last week and he said it was pretty awesome, though the end would tend to confuse people who hadn't read the book. You all give us the word, though if you pan it, I have to admit I'll still go to see it.

It premiered last night in London but it was only for the great and the good (of which I'm neither). Us plebs will have to wait until the 19th like the rest of you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-11-2001, 12:21 PM   #10
norompanlasolas

Here in Spain it is also the 19th. I am going to sweat blood finding a cinema that shows it in original version, though. Oh well...

The thought of hearing Gandalf saying something in a voice other than Ian Holm's or Saruman not sounding like Christopher Lee makes me shiver. I just cant stand movies that are translated. I wish there were more cinemas that showed it in O.V. and that people were less lazy and read the subtitles rather than watching some random nameless guy speak totally out of character. Maybe that way cinemas would be more sensible and put on more subtitled movies.

Here in spain 9 out of 10 theatres show the movies dubbed (translated to spanish). It really sucks cervantes ass.