Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 10:23 AM   #1
Big Bad Dwarfeater
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok can anyone help me, I'm kinda stuck.

I've done BG2 for like 5 times all over and now I restarted again to do the Jaheira romance (normally I kick her out immediately). But the problem is she doesn't talk to me anymore. Everything was going great and when I try to kick her out she says she is disapointed.

But now I've gone to chapter 4 and I'm not sure if the romance is going to continue in the following chapters. I think a problem might be that the harper quest hasn't begun yet and it should have in chapters 2 and 3.

I have brought the sick guy to the harper hold, I've been inside helped Xvar with montaron and Jaheira has been cursed but she doesn't leave afterwards to go talk to her harper friends and she doesn't ask me to go see Galvarey.

So my question is: Does anyone know how to trigger her to go to the harpers and if so how? And if not do you have any idea if the romance continues after chapter 4 and 5 or should I just ditch her and get me some darkelf(Viconia) or avariel (Aerie) meat?

Please HELP ME, cause I don't want to start all over again for the stupid b****
Old 08-13-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
Vampire

From Shadow Keeper tell me what the romance global variables say?
Old 08-13-2001, 10:53 AM   #3
Vampire

Oh and her romance is unlike others. It is quest activated and not time!
Do the Harper Quests and install all the romance patches for Jaheira.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:55 AM   #4
Big Bad Dwarfeater
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This may sound very stupid but...uh...Shadow keeper?.....That's an editor of some sort? I'm sorry but I think I'm a little behind on patches and stuff, I don't even have ToB yet
Old 08-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #5
Big Bad Dwarfeater
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you NEED the patches to finish it or does it just make it easier?
Old 08-13-2001, 11:21 AM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

No, patches aren't really needed.
Did you take Jaheira to the merchant in the docks district to get the necklace with your and Jaheira's photograph? If I'm not mistaken that's what starts the romance.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-13-2001, 04:13 PM   #7
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do it early. I played and the Jaheira romance was going great(as well as can go with such a pain in the *ss), but I didn't do Xzar thing until right before leaving for Spellhold, and didn't buy the locket until Chap 6. The romance stuff never finished before I finished the game.