Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I'm still enjoying this game after..what..4 years? I'm still playing Flame's mod but these questions go back to the original game.

Allies who are not in your party:

Do allies soak up some of your points on a battle? I think not.

Do they lev up after a fight, say, with Miles in Arnika. I see some hint they get better over time, or do they start matching your lev whenever you re-enter the "zone"? No idea.

Is there a way to see their stats when not in your party? I see "?" marks when I try to see them. There probably is no way (by design) but am curious.

This is still a great site. Glad you're all here.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Do allies soak up some of your points on a battle? I think not.
What points? Experience? No.

Quote:
Do they lev up after a fight, say, with Miles in Arnika. I see some hint they get better over time, or do they start matching your lev whenever you re-enter the "zone"? No idea.
'Normal' NPC seem to get better over time. It's like monsters - they are removed after a time (or have a chance to be removed), and new ones are generated. So if you come back later, you see allies with a higher level.

I don't think this applies to RPCs. They are the same level, no matter how late in the game you recruit them.

Quote:
Is there a way to see their stats when not in your party? I see "?" marks when I try to see them. There probably is no way (by design) but am curious.
I'm sure it's by design, to avoid confusion. The NPC Myles has other stats as the party member. The NPC has more attacks and better hit chances than the party member (at least in expert).
Once i healed the NPC RFS after a fight where he was heavy damaged - i healed ~480 points of damage. The party member doesn't have that many HP (at least at that level).
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
babar
Manshoon

> Do allies soak up some of your points on a battle?

They sort of unless they run away, because if they are battling, you lose the opportunity to increase your skill points yourself. You can't raise your sword skill if somebody else already knocked the enemy dead. [Of course you can't raise your sword skill if YOU are dead, either (in which case you might consider running away)]. Other than that, no.

> Do they lev up after a fight, say, with Miles in Arnika. I see some hint they get better over time, or do they start matching your lev whenever you re-enter the "zone"? No idea.

I think they all go up as the party goes up and it has nothing to do with any battles they've been in. The computer just sees you're a certain level and increases the chance that certain others (characters and monsters) become higher to keep up.

>Is there a way to see their stats when not in your party? I see "?" marks when I try to see them. There probably is no way (by design) but am curious.

If you increase your mythology skill, you should be able to see their 'stats' ... which if I recall correctly will be monster stats not character stats (i.e. no STR, INT, DEX etc ratings).
babar is offline   Reply With Quote