Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-10-2001, 08:16 PM   #1
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I'm kinda bored right now, so I figured that I would put this up.
Here is a list of protection removers and what spells they remove.

Detect Invisibility-
Invisibility, Improved invisibility

Detect Illusion-
Invisibility, Non-detection

Spell Thrust-
Minor spell deflection, minor globe of invulnerability, minor spell turning, spell immunity

Secret Word-
Minor spell deflection, minor globe of invulnerability, minor spell turning, spell immunity, spell deflection, spell turning

Oracle-
Invisibility, improved invisibility, non-detection, shadow door

Breach-
Armor, ghost armor, spirit armor, protection from (fire,cold,acid,elec), fireshield (red/blue), stoneskin, protection from normal weapons, protection from magic weapons, protection from magic energy, mantle, protection from the elements, improved mantle, protection from energy, absolute immunity

True Sight-
Invisibility, non-detection, shadow door, projected image, simulacrum

Pierce Magic-
Minor spell deflection, minor globe of invulnerability, minor spell turning, spell immunity, gobe of invulnerability, spell deflection

Ruby Ray of Reversal-
Minor spell deflection, minor globe of invulnerability, minor spell turning, spell immunity, spell shield, globe of invulnerability, spell turning, spell trap

Khelben's Warding Whip-
Minor spell turning, minor globe of invulnerability, spell immunity, globe of invulnerability, minor spell deflection, spell turning, spell deflection, spell shield

Pierce Shield-
Minor spell deflection, minor spell turning, spell deflection, minor globe of invulnerability, spell immunity, globe of invulnerability, spell turning, spell shield, spell trap

Spell Strike-
Removes everything listed above.

So unless I am incorrect, with the crossovers, you only need Breach, True Sight, and Ruby Ray of Reversal to dispel all of these.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 10:31 PM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Good to know. Does your sorcerer know any of these spells yet? I have True Sight, Khelben's Warding Whip, Ruby Ray of reversal and spellstrike on my list but I don't have any of these yet. I chose to take other spells first, guess I won't be fighting liches any time soon.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 11:29 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-11-2001, 05:45 AM   #4
peipei_lin
The Magister

To "Mitro Jellywadder "

Thankyou so much Jelly boy...You are my life saver!

Just on request, anybody here got a good advice for me on Kensai/Mage? I would love to hear them out!!
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
peipei_lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 11:05 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by peipei_lin:
To "Mitro Jellywadder "

Thankyou so much Jelly boy...You are my life saver!

Just on request, anybody here got a good advice for me on Kensai/Mage? I would love to hear them out!!

If you have ToB installed (or experience cap removed) then dual at 13th level. This gives you the extra THAC0 and improves dual-wield attacks to 9/2. If not, 9th level would be fine. Anything after that is just extra.

Remember to scribe a ton of scrolls (potions of genius/mind focusing) and your levels will catch up quick.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-11-2001, 04:02 PM   #6
Seid
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

I just turned 18th level and got Improved Alacrity and Time Stop (I've only used it twice though)

Here's my list so far. (breach is the only removing spell I have. I've already got the Golden Arms & Legs, going to get the torso now)

1st
chromatic orb
identify
magic missile
protection from petrification
spook (poor Shadow Dragon)

2nd
knock
Melf's acid arrow
mirror image
resist fear
web

3rd
fireball
flame arrow
melf's minute meteor's (favorite weapon)
skull trap

4th
greater malison
minor spell sequencer (two melf's acid arrows)
spider spawn
stoneskin

5th
animate dead
breach
lower resistance
sunfire

6th
chain lightning
death spell (love this one too)
improved haste

7th
Mordenkainen's sword
project image
spell sequencer (two flame arrows, melf's acid)

8th
abi-dalzims horrid wilting
spell trigger (not filled yet)

9th
improved alacrity
time stop ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Improved Alacricity rules! I have it and I cast 5 Dragon Breaths in 5 seconds [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 11-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Time Stop + Improved Alacrity + Robe of Vecna + Amulet of Power =
Enemies? What enemies?

PS: Mitro, Improved Alacrity is a 10th level spell, it just uses level 9 spell slots.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
Scott Lucas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the wizard spell Improved Alacricity? And what is Dragon's Breath? If these are from Throne of Bhaal is there any other way to get them?
Old 12-09-2001, 06:01 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Lucas:
What is the wizard spell Improved Alacricity? And what is Dragon's Breath? If these are from Throne of Bhaal is there any other way to get them?

These are quest spells. They are high level abilites that you use as spells (go in your ninth level spell choices), that you get when you reach over 3 million. Every level after that you can choose one high level ability. You can't get them if you don't have ToB.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #10
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

That's twice today that one of my posts disappeared?