Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #121
Istaron
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

To the first comment: If you know how Istaron posts, which I believe I do, he posts many things to be true, that will cause debate. He then watches them for his own personal amusement, and to be honest, I find it amusing to watch them too.

You noticed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #122
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
This is a sick thread, really is... Well dont worry, soon the world will sin SO FRIGGIN MUCH that I swear the mighty Lord, the God, the energy of all living will send a comet to this sinned earth and rinse the earth of all sinned.

In the past couple decades the world has gotten way too many "evil" people. And homosexuality is a MAJOR sin against God. I dont care what religion you are, I swear one day Humanity will be extint due to Gods work, and he will do the right thing... Dont bash me now, for I speak Gods truth as a strong Orthodox. Quite scary you might think, but its the truth. I've been all over the world, a lot of bad people trust me... heh..

And look at it this way, God made Women and Men to be for each other, to engage in sexual intercourse, not Men and Men. Its just not right, its wrong. A lot of homosexuals as I've said erlier in thread turn gay because they are depressed or cant get any women, or were treated bad by women or their mother/sister. Its all in your head basically, if you let your mind take over this much to make you crazy and turn gay well... Its wrong, thats all I will say. I deal with it however, I wont go up to gay person and bash him or say its wrong, I have quite a few homorsexual friends, and I never say thing and we're in good relations. But deep inside, I always disagree with their views on relationship.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Durwyn ]

Strong words there and I respect you for posting it all here like that.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #123
MagiK

***SIGH*** If you truely believe there is no such thing as a truely evil person then I congratulate you on being insulated to a large degree. Having seen more than my share of humanity I can attest to the fact that there are indeed truely evil men and women out there whos only intrerest is in degrading, harming and causing grief for others. You can live in a fantasy world if you like, seperating the person from his/her actions but that is just a fantasy to make you feel better...my question is....What has that got to do with this thread?? We were discussing wether society can or should be more accepting of gays....In my opinion (yes again) gays should have exactly 0 special laws or priveledges afforded to them, they should live with the same rights as everyone else without special notice, there is no such thing as a "Hate" crime, there is no reason to have more than one set of rules for everyone. The marriage thing I still would deny them since both the secular and religious reasoning for giving married heterosexual couples preference for such a union do not apply to gay or lesbian unions..anymore than they apply to shacked up single hetero couples. See my earlier diatribe about the reasons governments and religions afford marriage a special status.

Old 01-12-2002, 02:32 PM   #124
Istaron
Banned User

"There is no such thing as right or wrong. There is only two sides looking at the same thing from different direction"

or something [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 04:14 PM   #125
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
"There is no such thing as right or wrong. There is only two sides looking at the same thing from different direction"

or something [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds nice but is total bullshit and I suspect you knew this

Old 01-12-2002, 04:36 PM   #126
Istaron
Banned User

it sounds good in FF8
Old 01-12-2002, 05:07 PM   #127
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Bahamut, I wish you would stop bringing this up. I already told you it's a DIFFERENT thing! Men who want to be women aren't even necessarily gay, they are transsexual! They feel the same as you would, were you to wake up in a female body tomorrow. They feel as if they are trapped inside the wrong body. To their mind, they really ARE female, just in the wrong body, so if they like men, to them that's heterosexuality. This is a serious disorder but there is nothing to be despised about it. Again, I'm glad I live in a tolerant, sensible country, where the few people who are born like this (and I'm NOT talking drag queens) can be councelled and even get surgery. What you are talking about, I think, are just effeminate gay men. Well, tough luck if you don't like their behaviour! I'm not particularly fond of it either, but you are sounding so intolerant of people's differences I can't believe it.

I would name myself Jennifer and hunt for the local grocers *cough*

Seriously, though, it is definitely two different things, although I suspect Bahamut is not the only thought otherwise. Hence Tobbin's comments about society itself being poop

me, I don't give 2 hoots one way or the other. If people wanna be gay, let them. If they wanna change sex, let them. Incidentally, in the UK, a sex change does not show on your Birth Certificate. So, if ya man forces intercourse with a man who became a woman it is treated as indecent assault, not rape

Old 01-12-2002, 06:11 PM   #128
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

I would name myself Jennifer and hunt for the local grocers *cough*

Seriously, though, it is definitely two different things, although I suspect Bahamut is not the only thought otherwise. Hence Tobbin's comments about society itself being poop

me, I don't give 2 hoots one way or the other. If people wanna be gay, let them. If they wanna change sex, let them. Incidentally, in the UK, a sex change does not show on your Birth Certificate. So, if ya man forces intercourse with a man who became a woman it is treated as indecent assault, not rape

I am surprised that you really believe that my comments have no meaning. All you have to do is look around and see how people as a whole deal with the issue. That in itself is enough to validate my statement. I have seen some of it firsthand myself. I used to be in the military, and you did not want to be found out to be homosexual. There was such a risk of this, that most often than naught, if someone was found they deemed to be homosexual, the person was removed from that command in the most quiet and efficient manner. When I was overseas in Europe (Scotland to be specific), we had two guys on the ship that were caught in a compromising position. None of us (except for those that discovered them) even knew about it until they were flown off of the ship for their own safety. Within the act of being caught and being flown off, the timeframe was around 2 hours MAYBE (I think it was even less really). That's just the one example. I've seen people beat up in school because they were considered homosexual. Not the fact that they were, just the fact that people BELIEVED they were. I've seen people totally snub homosexuals in and around town too. For you to actually believe that society is actually ready to TOTALLY embrace homosexuality belies the blinders you have on. Either that, or you should take off your rose colored glasses from time to time. Mel, you are totally right that people should be educated. I am glad to hear that where you live, people are in the very least tolerant about this issue. When I see people treating Ronnie differently, then maybe I will change my opinion. He's only 10 years old and he has to suffer the sins of his fathers (meaning the beliefs that his ancestors passed on to their children). Well, whether you agree with me or not is a matter of opinion. In this case, I would say I must agree to disagree. There is little point to arguing this anymore.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:38 PM   #129
Durwyn
Elminster

Well, thats wrong. Force, fights, none of that will solve it. Deep inside you can despise it all you want, but dont use force. And I can definitely agree with homosexuals not being allowed in military. Those men who like to get you know what are not true soldiers, cant even call them men. Ok I wont go further with this post or I will get too fired up and get locked or something hehe. I've shared my views in a couple of replies here. Maybe we can leave it alone jeez .
Old 01-12-2002, 06:48 PM   #130
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
I can definitely agree with homosexuals not being allowed in military. Those men who like to get you know what are not true soldiers, can't even call them men.

Uh-oh! If this doesn't start a riot among the more sensitive members at this forum then I don't know what will