Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 09:11 AM   #21
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by DiabloRex:
I type with my nose and foots
Tried it
doesn;t go fast

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-09-2001, 11:15 AM   #22
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Tried it
doesn;t go fast

[/B]
You just need practice

[This message has been edited by DiabloRex (edited 09-09-2001).]
Old 09-09-2001, 12:45 PM   #23
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I type Staring off with all my fingers in the correct position then progress to using "what ever finger is closest to the next Key that I want to hit"

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-09-2001, 01:20 PM   #24
Moni

I don't use either pinky finger or the ring finger on my right hand...I've had them all broken and nerve damage has them doing what they please when I try to use them to type...otherwise all of my other fingers use the keys properly and compensate well enough for the ones I don't use that I can type 70wpm+ when I am really into what I am typing...usually my short stories.

Oh yeah, and the right shift key on this keyboard only works when it wants to (more off than on) so I have had to condition myself to using just the left one...I'll be lost when I get another keyboard that works properly LOL.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-09-2001).]

Old 09-09-2001, 02:25 PM   #25
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I type correctly, I mean, all the fingers on the right keys and I never look. I guess playing the piano helped me. I am used to doing something and not looking at what my fingers are doing.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena

Old 09-09-2001, 03:02 PM   #26
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
I type correctly, I mean, all the fingers on the right keys and I never look. I guess playing the piano helped me. I am used to doing something and not looking at what my fingers are doing.

How Boring

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-09-2001, 07:18 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I type correctly most of the time as well. All the fingers on all the correct keys and I type without looking at my hands. I've been typing for a living and for recreation (posting like this or typing my poetry) for - gee - I've been doing this so long, I can't remember. But I type an average of 80 or 90 words per minute (on a good day). My Mom types well over 100 words a minute (they can't even time her anymore).

The only time I show any originality is when I fall asleep at the keyboard. Then I type a bunch of one letter (llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll)
One of the funniest ones, I dozed off at the computer and apparently my left pinky kept hitting the "z" so I woke up to a screen full of snore!!!

One time I even tried to type with my nose, but it hurt and woke me up.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-09-2001, 07:19 PM   #28
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I type with my right middle finger and my left pointer (the one next to my thumb!)

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-09-2001, 07:47 PM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Well, generally with one finger but as for style and taste, thats going to take awhile more for me!
Heres an example.
.................................................. ......................
If you need to learn one finger typing look under here.

Spoiler
. Take your index finger(right or left) and press the keys with a smooth looking like you know what your doing press.
End

LOL Conan! Yes I can see that technique working (picturing Conan, without the fish, sitting at his computer typing with one "important" finger, sitting up straight, stern serious looking expression on his face, then leaning back and giving the "Reply" button a nice good smack (for emphasis, of course ) then sitting back with his arms crossed in front of his chest to await those all important "results")

------------------