Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Hi everyone, after a few months layoff, I have a question:

I'm on my way to Abazigal's lair and have run into this Draconis fella.
When he turns into the dragon I cant do any damage at all!
I'm swinging the holy avenger +6, psionic blade +5 and I'm getting this message that the weapons are ineffective, even after casting numerous spellstrikes and pierce magic. Even summoned things like divas or planetars cant hurt it!

Any advice, anyone? I'm freaking out here!
cheerio

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Vicotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 08:43 PM   #2
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Yep I hated Draconis. However, after repeatedly getting my butt kicked I noticed that he cast spell immunity - abjuration when he first becomes a dragon. This makes him immune to all the breaches etc that are thrown at him.

Hit him with a ruby ray of reversal to get rid of the immunity - then a breach or two - *then* hack him into tiny little bits.

Make sure true sight is up to counter that *repeated* invisibilty.

Go forth and exact vengance!

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-21-2001).]
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 01:35 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Note: Draconis in Dragon mode, is immuned to slashing weapons and death magic.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 03:35 AM   #4
Ixion
Dungeon Master

hmm i HATE dragons... and i play a mage..ppl who dont get hurt by my magic is sort of a personal insult so i just do my best to beat their asses...

------------------
When Ixion the mage walks, the world shivers. (old BG saying)
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:52 AM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

One of the first things he did when I fought him (and he was in dragon form) was that he cast "Protection from Magic Weapons". I simply had Aerie cast Pierce Magic and Imoen cast Pierce Shield and either one or the other seemed to work. I think that Khelben's warding whip will also work.

He was a real bastard though! He definitely put up a challenging fight for me! Kept casting Death Spell on my summoned fodder and instantly dispelling them. Grrrr!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:00 AM   #6
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Hmm...actually i didnt not have such a big problem with this guy. I killed him on the first try. Just when he turned to dragon-mode, I had Edwin cast Improved Alacrity, Time Stop, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Pierce magic and a Secret word, just to be sure he didnt have any spell protections on him. Then I cast Lower Resistance *2, Greater Malison, and..ah...ALOT, well...3 Abi Dahlsims Horrid whilting, that kind of killed him the first time. He then went invisible and healed himself. And THAT was ANNOYING!!!! Well, just keep on casting those Ruby Rays, Pierce Magic and Breaches and you will sooner or later kill him.

That's all Folks!
Haddar - Servant of Talos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:44 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

It took me a few tries to get this guy but for me it was a magic fight. I had to use all the pierce magic spells and LMR spells and ruby ray. Then the time stop spells and heavy magic comet,whilting. he finale died. I would have everyone slash him but never seem to work. It was nice fighting him he seemed to react alot better then other dragons. But what really chokes me is where all the gems and gold from killing a dragon bring on the hord of goodies this game does not have near enough.
Mack_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:49 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Greater Whirlwind attacks help a lot. Somehow my party won that battle without magic. We just managed to survive long enough to wait until all his defence went down and then a couple of Whirlwinds did the trick. It would be nice to use magic, of course, but the second thing Draconis did in his dragon form after surrounding himself with all those defences was killing Edwin. Finally I had to keep Edwin away from the fight - otherwise he couldn't survive.

And for my second playthrough it was completely different fight - with Ruby Ray and Abi Dahlsim Horrid whilting... I still wonder WHY Draconis kept killing Edwin all the time in the first battle, and did not do the same clever thing in the second.

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote