Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No, i always take a book with me.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #22
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Personally I don´t like excessive caffeine intake since it messes with my stomach.

I can, however, come with some hints: Firstly besure you are constantly doing something. Sitting still too long might also make you doze off. Get up and do some push-ups now and then.

Water is good. Certainly imbibed, but also for exterior uses. A shower is very refreshing, and simply giving your face a splash will have a great effect.

If you have to drink coffee/cola/energy drinks space it out. Chugging away will only make your body tired of the caffeine/sugar rush.

Munchies are good for distracting the body however.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #23
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
ok i need not to fall asleep beacuse i dont want 2 so give me some tips [img]smile.gif[/img]
and why am i so tired does it have to do that i went up 06.30 am this morning and im still up infront of the pc [img]tongue.gif[/img] ? anyway need tips im already drinking myself to death with J0lt cola and regular cola [img]tongue.gif[/img]
because you dont want to? if i were you i'd get some sleep, its not good for you not to sleep. why do you think it is so hard to resist

i'd personaly go for 12hrs a night if i can get it. i think my record is a straight 13 . so i got up at like 1pm and went to bed at 10.

definatly give sleep a chance
Old 06-13-2003, 05:25 PM   #24
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The wee hours of the morning are almost impossible to be productive in. Your body actually slows down physically. Your body temp at 3-4 in the morning is actually lower than usual. Your body pushes for sleep during this time and nothing short of stress horomones or presciption drugs will counteract it. The best thing to do is sleep for for a few hours. Wake up, shower, have some tea/coffee, and get back to work.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #25
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here is a list of suggestions for you:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=010497#000000
Old 06-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

I used to take amphetamines (speed). I don't recommend it. Keeps you awake alright, but completely messes you up at the same time. Just say no.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:32 AM   #27
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

No
Old 06-14-2003, 06:31 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I used to take amphetamines (speed). I don't recommend it. Keeps you awake alright, but completely messes you up at the same time. Just say no.
I know exactly what you mean. Heart pumping like it wants to jump out of your chest, i'll never touch that crap again.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:31 PM   #29
Charean
Hathor

Gee, if you want help staying awake, ask a truck driver, like me fer instance.
We are known for being awake when we have to be.

First off, know that your body needs sleep. If you have to, do it. An hour is a good "power nap".

Now if there is something you have to stay awake for, this is what I did to make the hours go by:

chew bubble gum.

Yep, you heard it here. Bubble gum keeps your jaws going and keeps you more alert.

Now what doesn't work?
Drugs of any sort - meaning caffeine. Why? Because when they wear off you are Oh SO MUCH worse off than you were before. It sucks. The effect doesn't last long and then you crash.

Drinking lots of liquid. Why? Because it just makes you want to go to the bathroom, which gives you exercise, but won't keep you awake if you are sleepy.

A couple of other things that will keep you awake:

Talking to someone (that is why CBs work so well)

Listening to an engrossing story (I stayed awake for hours listening to talking books just to see how it would turn out, but I chewed gum as well)

Eating - yeah the munchies keep you awake. Whatever will keep your jaw moving, and your face flexing, will keep you awake.

Again, don't do these things unless you have a reason. If you don't have a real good reason for staying awake, sleep by all means. Lack of sleep can make you psychotic. No lie. Trust me on this one.

Big J
Old 06-14-2003, 05:04 PM   #30
edin gal
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I know exactly how to stay awake, for 2 days at least. But it's illegal, and could get you arrested, so forget about it.
Whats wrong with coffee Johnny???