Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should beer be sold in movie theaters?
Yes 15 68.18%
No 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its about time! I think beer should be sold from junior high school on up also in addtion to the movies. Give everyone a little incentive to make good grades. Get an a on test? You get a 6 pack. F .....no beer
Old 10-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #12
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

On alcohol abuse, Beoulve, I totally agree with you. I think that we need to seriously address the issues coming with alcohol abuse.

However, blanketly saying that alcohol is bad is also a non-true statement. My parents drink wine maybe 2 or 3 times a week with their dinner. They've been together for almost 25 years (this coming April), and I can say I've never seen them drink. It's all about the dose, IMO.

I think that what's bad is the glorification of getting drunk. Every kid thinks it's funny to act like a drunk. That's silly. But saying that drinking a glass of wine, or having a beer during the game is going to destroy your life isn't true either.

I don't know if I interpreted you correctly, and if I haven't, I apologise, but that's my 2 cents.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Beoulve:
The world absoultey GLORIFIES alcohol. It ignores ALL the problems that are incurred by it's consumption, and just focus on how it makes one feel at the time. It destroys countless lives. Everyone I know that drinks often has had some seriosuly bad shit happen to them, DUE DIRECTLY to alcohol. Broken relationships, injuries, fines, lost jobs, you name it.

Pardon the language, but this is an issue I will NOT back down on.
hey sorry, did not mean to upset you I understand what you mean, but people have to learn control, it has nothing to do with alcohol, as much as how people abuse it, sorry, that is just ow i feel, i will be glad to explain, if you want to pm me, but will not go into details here on why I feel this way

[ 10-03-2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 10-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #14
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I don't think they should sell alcohol in cinemas because it would just increase general boorishness/obnoxiousness. Also, I just don't think there's a real market for beer-drinking cinema-goers. I think getting drunk in a movie theater would be a major anti-climax - when I'm drinking, I want to dance and talk mindless drivel to random girls, I don't want to sit still in a seat and focus on some boring Hollywood excrement.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #15
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I'm not saying that Alcohol in and of itself is a bad thing. Though, I myself don't plan on consuming any. The question is whether the person consuming it is responsible enough to say they've had enough, and will they remain so responsible when they really have had enough. Not that many people really fit into this category. My idea, raise the legal drinking age to say 30. (Somehow I see a volly of flak off in the distance.)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #16
Djinn Raffo
Ra

You're not going to a movie to get hammered.. you do that at a bar.

You go to the theatre and get to relax with a nice cold one or two.. You can't turn into a raging drunk in a theatre unless yer maybe a five foot hundred pound person who smells a beer and pukes.. I'd like to have a cold beer when going to ROTK. Hell i'd like have a vodka and cranberry..
Old 10-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #17
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
I'm not saying that Alcohol in and of itself is a bad thing. Though, I myself don't plan on consuming any. The question is whether the person consuming it is responsible enough to say they've had enough, and will they remain so responsible when they really have had enough. Not that many people really fit into this category. My idea, raise the legal drinking age to say 30. (Somehow I see a volly of flak off in the distance.)
IMO the older you get, the less mature you get when consuming beer, for some reason, I think people in their 30's drink more on a daily basis, than they did when they were in their 20's
Old 10-03-2003, 07:10 PM   #18
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Yeah, that's true. I often forget about moderation when it comes to drinking - I immediately assume it's an all-out alcohol-fest. Can you tell I have trouble knowing when to stop on a night out?
Old 10-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #19
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Yeah, that's true. I often forget about moderation when it comes to drinking - I immediately assume it's an all-out alcohol-fest. Can you tell I have trouble knowing when to stop on a night out? [/QUOTE]No no.. i'm not saying don't drink at the theatre.. i want to drink there.. But no one is going to go to the theatre to get wasted.. And besides at theatre concession prices it'll probably be ten bucks for a thimble full of beer.

Go to the theatre, have a couple pints.. then after the flick hit the local pub to carry on..

[ 10-03-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 10-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #20
Faceman
Hathor

I LOVE my country
Beer at the movies, beer at ANY restaurant, and a lot of other non-alcoholic (read civil rights) liberties.
[stupid joke coming up]
A French guy enters a McDonalds in NYC: "A beer please".
Before the clerk can explain the corporate policy to him a local ruffian jumps in:"You retarded French frogeater. You can't buy beer at McDonalds!"
The Frenchman looks puzzled for a moment and then bursts into laughter.
"What's so funny?" the Ruffian asks.
"I just realized that you came here for the food"
[stupid joke finished, you may laugh now]