Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2001, 03:55 PM   #31
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, I'm relatively new Kaz, got in the General discussions about 2 weeks ago. I usually post at SoA or ToB

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Old 09-25-2001, 04:29 PM   #32
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
The problem is that newbies in the GD section STOP being newbies very quickly (I've been registered for 8 days). I had less than 100 posts when I started this thread... 2 days ago. The newbies in the BG section are newbies for a while because there aren't so many things you can post an answer to.

Spammer you

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-25-2001, 04:58 PM   #33
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I remember reading and posting in the BG2 forum and coming across this thread discussing whether we should get a general discussion forum so that we didn't clutter the BG2 pages with miscellaneous stuff. Back then, everyone mixed together. In fact, I think one of the fears was that if the Ironworks went to a general discussion forum, that there would be more separation between old and new forum members.

Personally, I couldn't find a decent walkthrough and stumbled upon the BG2 forum to help answer questions. As I got more familiar with the people here, I participated in more of the off topic threads.

Currently I am not playing any of the games featured on Ironworks, but I'm still here for the disucsison.

I think if you give newbies a chance, some will find that they really like the people here and they find a reason to stay. They end up in general discussion because this is home.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 09-25-2001, 05:00 PM   #34
Rikard

I l;ike the fact we are mixed now

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-25-2001, 05:03 PM   #35
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
I remember reading and posting in the BG2 forum and coming across this thread discussing whether we should get a general discussion forum so that we didn't clutter the BG2 pages with miscellaneous stuff. Back then, everyone mixed together. In fact, I think one of the fears was that if the Ironworks went to a general discussion forum, that there would be more separation between old and new forum members.

Personally, I couldn't find a decent walkthrough and stumbled upon the BG2 forum to help answer questions. As I got more familiar with the people here, I participated in more of the off topic threads.

Currently I am not playing any of the games featured on Ironworks, but I'm still here for the disucsison.

I think if you give newbies a chance, some will find that they really like the people here and they find a reason to stay. They end up in general discussion because this is home.

Very true, Father
When your new, you just have to participate and shove your nose in a bit. I was a lurker for at least six weeks before I even dared to come out of my shell. But I'm really glad I did

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 05:04 PM   #36
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Very true, Father
When your new, you just have to participate and shove your nose in a bit. I was a lurker for at least six weeks before I even dared to come out of my shell. But I'm really glad I did
So am I! You're fun!
Another 'playmate' for ME!!!! *does happy dance*

P.S. - Watch where you're shoving that nose!
------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 05:06 PM   #37
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
Well, I'm relatively new Kaz, got in the General discussions about 2 weeks ago. I usually post at SoA or ToB
I've also been registered about a month, I spent 3-4 days of that stuck in the BG-ToTSC forum.(A secret: the reason I have so many posts is... I have no other life. I'm really just a brain hooked up to the internet. BWAHAHAHAHAHA... wait a minute, that sounds like Chaotic Evil. I'm Lawful Good. Can someone please get this helmet of Opposite Alignment off me?)
And Rikard: remember I started this thread so it's not spamming

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-25-2001, 08:56 PM   #38
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I only bite when I feel like it......... im a wolf that has two heads: one that respects people, and the other hates being other than an anubian rank.
Oh ya, the one who wants to be an anubis; he breathes fire.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-26-2001, 12:48 AM   #39
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Gwhanos..add a third head that does nothing but bark out threads like the Abyssal Pit and You'll be a Cerberus..

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-26-2001, 01:08 AM   #40
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Just wanted to say 'hello'. Me being "new" and all, I was
thinking that I better post something before the hit brigade
was sent out.