Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-05-2001, 05:05 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

I heard there's a patch you can download somewhere, so that you can buy things like the Robe of Vecna. Does anyone know where I can download that? Also, where can I find the ring of Gaxx and the Staff of Magi? Thanks

Old 09-05-2001, 05:19 AM   #2
Gedd
The Magister

spoiler!! -
.ring of Gaxx is found on the dead body of a wimpy little demi-lich called Kangaxx . Just run down to a certain house the docks with golden arms and legs (found "in tombs around the city") and bash the demilich that will appear with,erm, any old weapon

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 09-05-2001, 05:24 AM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Kangaxx wimpy? lol....

Old 09-05-2001, 05:29 AM   #4
Gedd
The Magister

whats wrong with "living" in suspended animation several miles under the surface of the earth??
sounds quite peacefull...
I wonder if your characters get put in neighbouring spheres..?

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 09-05-2001, 05:35 AM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I've often thought about how that would be. I guess it would be lots of fun. It would be pretty interesting to live that far down wouldn't it?

Old 09-05-2001, 05:47 AM   #6
Gedd
The Magister

ever read the Helliconia trilogy by Brian Aldiss? The end of the last one, where he's in that great wheel - reminds me a bit of imprisonement. Sorry for the reference if you haven;t read the books.
Their quality tho.

and i wonder exactly what it means by suspended animation. would you still retain conciousness etc etc?
Old 09-05-2001, 06:00 AM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

I've never read the trilogy but I have heard of it before. And yes, I think you do remain conscious, that's what makes the spell so bad. You're trapped in an impenetrable sphere, awake and fully conscious for the rest of eternity. But I guess you must fall asleep at one point....I think there's a fault in the logic of the spell really

Old 09-05-2001, 06:05 AM   #8
Gedd
The Magister

and if you couldn't move at all..
it also reminds me of a stephen king short story called the Jaunt, where ppl end up in suspended animation and fully concious but unable to sleep for billions of years (and then get released....)
i cant actually think of anything worse.

maybe i should look for that freedom scroll for yoshimo
Old 09-05-2001, 06:29 AM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Yeah, I think the spell is exactly how you describe it. Must be terrible, especially as sleepin is my biggest hobby

If Yoshimo got imprisoned I wouldn't go to all the hassle of freeing him. Take Jan instead, he's a rite larf

Old 09-05-2001, 09:47 AM   #10
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"The Jaunt" was one of the best short stories that I have ever read. I wonder, does this mean that someone freed from imprisonment will be insane like in this story? Imagine spending years and years being conscious and not having anything to do or see...