Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-15-2001, 10:10 PM   #1
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

That beast... I have on my party: Me (paladin), Jaheira, Nalia, Aerie, Edwin and Korgan... (what a contraditorious party) The ONLY way I found to kill him was with Harm (Jaheira) and with a lot of luck to target him an whack... and after this, his *friends* still kicked me off... an ideas on how to kill it?
(I´m doing the side tasks before go to chapter 4)
Old 03-15-2001, 10:33 PM   #2
deverece
Dungeon Master

I took the easy route, I had Yoshi set traps and I lured him into them.
Old 03-16-2001, 03:48 AM   #3
Cayle
The Magister

Dou have the ring of the ram? If so, try this: after he spawns in tha alcove, hit him with the ring of the ram ASAP and blow him back into the main chamber. You can now go crazy with summoning. Make sure J. has summon fire elemental memorized. Hang back as this will keep the beholder focused on the pets instead of party members. I sugest sending an elemental after the beholder and everything else after S.

Cast death ward and prot from negative energy on your fighters. They can then easily dispatch the vamp and human while S. and the beholder are occupied with the pets. In breaks between summoning, have Nalia and Aerie target the beholder with magic. If you can dominate one of the baddies, even better.

Keep the mage in the fog of war. It has been my experience that she summons a pit fiend. You can wait him out before bringing her into the battle.

Note- Even if you have reloaded this battle for the zillionth time, it is not reasonable to expect that you will know where S. spawns or the starting locations of any enemies, so prepping the battlefield with skull traps and traps is sort of cheating. This is one of the toughest fights (if not THE toughest) in the game. Enjoy it!

------------------
- Cayle
Old 03-16-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
Lord Shield

I had my main character (a berserker) wield Daystar, the Cloak of Mirrors, Death Ward, Hasted. Truesight was cast and, when Shangalar got his dinky protections, Dispel Magic. Only the berserker was visible to him (the others supplied summonings from the back). Took a couple of goes (the bugger has Imprisonment), but he went down and only his Fighter buddy came to his aid. The Cloak killed the beholder when his rays reflected back on him