Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Yorkie bar is a chocolate bar in Europe. On the cover it has a crossed out picture of a woman (the sketch you find on female toilet doors) saying the Yorkie bar is not for women as it's a chunky strong big bar of chocolate. It's a joke. That's what DS is talking about.
Ohh, that's why I couldn't get it, but of course that's something that everyone should obviously know [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for an answer to your question Dragonshadow, if you live in the states, I'm very sure you can sue them for emotional damage (God knows everyone has been sued for everything else already ).
Old 04-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #12
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Maybe a visual would help -

There's also a limited edition Blokie Bar.

[ 04-14-2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 04-14-2004, 11:10 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

They're shit anyway - too much sugar and not enough cocoa content. Women have better taste.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ahh I see...the truth is that I never seen such chocolate before. I might wanna a taste of it...someday.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:39 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
They're shit anyway - too much sugar and not enough cocoa content. Women have better taste.
Bollocks! You're just pissed off cos you're not allowed it! Yorkies are the best! Kakero - you'd do well to get your hands on a box of Yorkies my friend. Just hide 'em from your girlfriend.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-15-2004, 12:09 AM   #16
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
In the US you can sue anybody for just about anything, unless you have become obeise(sp?) and plan on blaming the fast food industry for it. I think it's either a bill or a law now (not sure how far it's gotten; I haven't been watching that topic all too closely). At any rate I wouldn't take a candy wrapper personally. Now if the store clerk wouldn't sell you the bar because of the wrapper and your being a girl, then you could potentially sue the shop, but over a candy bar? Or if you find a sufficient number of female persons ticked off or otherwise emotionally put out by the ad, you might be able to build a case against the company.

Don't take my word on that though. I'm not learned in the laws of my country let alone those of England

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-15-2004, 06:39 AM   #17
WillowIX
Apophis

*giggles* I wonder what would happen should all bras be labelled "Men not allowed to touch". [img]tongue.gif[/img] I bet there would be lawsuit after lawsuit.

DS, ignore it. It's probably made up by some 50 year old guy that still lives at home and never had a girlfriend. You know, the immature type. But then that describes 99% of the male population.

No stop trowing things at me! Timber said I could be sexist! Take it out on him! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To finish the post, [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 07:08 AM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL Willow.
We don't have Yorkie bars in the Netherlands but who needs them anyway? Let the men have 'em if they want... it won't compensate their inability to have MOs anyway [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] *trying hard to remember family forum status of IW* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 08:44 AM   #19
Donut
Jack Burton

I love the Yorkie ads on the TV:

At a children's football match

Dad 1: Alan, get stuck in!
Dad 2: Johnny, run at him!
Mum: Graham, tuck your shirt in!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Willow and Mel.....oh dear..... I sense a lot of bitterness over this. You talk like you don't care but then have to come up with really harsh reprisals cos a bit further down it's really bothering you....didn't expect such insecurity from two down-ass females like you
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray