Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2003, 06:13 AM   #1
tvlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering how many of you guys have played MM.It's a really great series, that is if you ignore MM9, which fell short of my expectations.

I've played Morrowind after that and found it great, especially at the beggining and middle, the end is a shame really.Bg2 was also great and right now i'm playing Wizardry8 which is really nice, but MM will always have a special place for me, it was the first true RPG i played and the feeling was just great.In some ways Wizardy8 reminds me of Might and Magic.

Btw, why isn't there a dedicated forum to MM, the game certainly deserves a forum.

[ 07-09-2003, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: tvlad ]
Old 07-09-2003, 06:16 AM   #2
B_part
Quintesson

Morrowind disappointing ending? there is no ending, how can it be disappointing?
Old 07-09-2003, 06:32 AM   #3
tvlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can play afterwards, but that is the end of the story if you will , and it still sucks.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:03 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

It could be that it's not a true RPG. It could also be that the games are fairly old by now.

However I agree with you that the games are great, except VIII and IX! I felt MM8 was too easy and not that much entertainment. And let's face it, the ends in a few MM games aren't that impressive either.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:32 AM   #5
tvlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I believe that MM is a pure rpg.True, my favourite of the series was MM7, MM8 seemed somewhat a copy, but i still enjoyed it.

If MM is not a true rpg, then what about NWN, to me it seemed like a 3d diablo 2.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have played 1 through 8 and I enjoyed 3 through 8. One and 2 were a little older and I found the interface a little difficult to get used to. I agree 8 was kind of easy since you could use a combination of invisibility and flight to basically bypass all the tough creature encounters. I still liked it because it had some new creatures, you could get NPCs to join you, you could play a vampire, become a lich, and it did have replay ability. I think that if it was a little longer with a few more interesting dungeons that did not have anything to do with the main plot than it would have been as good as 6 and 7. I did like the new concepts.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

yeah, I've played every Might and Magic games and I like most of them. MM9 was a bit of disappointment. MM6 is my favourite. I think it has the best music and graphic. though like other MM games, getting money to level up is a problem. too bad, MM series had died out.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #8
Masklinn

I played MM from IV to VII, all great games [img]smile.gif[/img]
I tried to replay the IV and V recently, but I just can't... cause of the graphics and the way of moving...I get lost too quickly. Too used to real 3D maybe
Old 07-10-2003, 09:58 AM   #9
tvlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The first game i played was MM7, then MM8 and finally MM9, which i dind't like.
After that i got hold of MM6 and tryed to play it, but i couldn't, at least what i had was full of bugs : when i enterde certain shops, guild.... it would exit.

It makes me really sad that MM doesn't have a forum, and games like NWN do, it's a real shame.