Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
Mortaug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi! I'm new here, and this clan-things is new to me.
Can someone tell me what they're for? For pretend-wars and stuff?
Or just for fun?
And maybe I can join a clan?
Thanks.

-Mortaug,
Old 03-05-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
TAOWolf
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Mortaug:
Hi! I'm new here, and this clan-things is new to me.
Can someone tell me what they're for? For pretend-wars and stuff?
Or just for fun?
And maybe I can join a clan?
Thanks.-Mortaug,

GREETINGS AND WELCOME!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img]
I am TAOWolf, nice to meet you. Belonging to a clan entitles you to certain threads that are not open to all. As for joining one, I found the easiest way was to ask one of the members of a clan, how to join .......you might go into different threads and read some of the posts to get the general idea of how things work (thats what I did *L*). If you need help or have a question or anything, you can pm me or anyone else here, and we will help you as much as we can!! ~btw, I usually bug Larry the Modding Mage if I have a question ~
~hides from Larry [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ~

ANYHOO, WELCOME!! [img]graemlins/matrix.gif[/img]

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
TAOWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:03 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hello and welcome!

Do not be fooled tho think that joining a clan is the only way to have fun, though as TAO said, it gets you in the door alot faster on some of the games.
The way most of us feel is the best RPG'ing is not rolling dice and calling shots, but to be able to tell a beautiful story.
If you can play along and create characters that are in harmony with the group and share our gaming experiences, then you will be most welcome!
PM me if you ever have any questions.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:35 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello again Moraug!

As Larry said, you need not join ANYTHING to participate here in this forum or any other at Ironworks. Come in and read and play a while and see how you like it, then decide if you want to join a clan or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: Just a note because even though I agree alot of the time with him, I sometimes have differing views than my co-mod in some things. Makes the world a richer place, no doubt!

I adore Free form play as roleplaying games go, but I do think that a regular PnP style game with rules and dice rolling IS a valid way to play and often quite rewarding. I've had some VERY good times in such games and stories do get told. Sometimes the 'free form' stuff loses touch with the D&D or other spirit because people are too keen on making their character perfect (gorgeous,superwise or ultra powerful or all of the above) and they forget that sometimes 'losing' can be fun too! Rules never hurt when applied properly. It's the overzealous application of anything that can ruin a good game. Be it rules, munchkin-itis or rain.

Cloudbringer

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Old 03-10-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

back in my hay daywhen the cutpurse beggars still existed we were a teivn no good clan but i reckon itsmuch more fun to lone wolf i HI HO SILVER AWAAAAAAY