Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Here's my group

(Me)Raistlin-Necromancer
Keldorn
Jan
Nalie
Amomen
?

I need a good or neutral character to finish my group of. I don't want Jaheire or Minsc plz. Minsc is a pain. He always dies later on in the game. Tempted to kill him myself a few times. Not sure if Jaherie is any good?

Warby
Old 10-23-2001, 07:57 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Doesnt Raistlin end up a bad guy, you know the whole wanting to kill a god thing? No biggie I like using valgar hes neutral good i think and a pretty decent tank. looks like your set on magic but you might want a stronger clerical base. jaheria is good because she can be a tank and a cleric, which is helpful. i pretty much always keep her around, i usually stick her in the back and use her as a rear tank/healer in case im ambushed. I think shes true neutral, but dont quote me on that i know shes neutral something with all her blubbering about maintaining balance.

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark..."
Old 10-23-2001, 11:08 PM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Looks like you can use another fighter
type, try Mazzy, I've never taken her
but I think she would be good, and I
intend to take her this time with my
cavalier, she just seems to fit right
in.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:17 AM   #4
daeomer
Manshoon

Yes, take Mazzy. Although I would probably ditch one of your other Mages too for Jaheira. You could use the extra healing and fighting and there is tons of storyline with her (ie romance) that you don't have with the other characters. She's pretty useful.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:15 AM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Raistlin looses his magical powers when his nephew Palin enters the abyss to find him and they both leave when katrina injures Palin and his uncle brings him back through the portal to savehim. And he asks his brother for forgiveness so in the end he's good. Also the gods leave after th father of the gods choas is defeated to start a new world including the gods of magic so there is no more magic anymore. You should read the dragon lance series. Good story.

Anyway. I'd like to to keep jan cause he's such a good thief and he's a handy mage. I probably should keep Jaherie

Me(Necromancer)
Keldorn
Jan
Jaherie
Amomen
Mazzy

Looks good. What do you think?

Warby

Warby
Old 10-24-2001, 08:26 AM   #6
Byronas

Good party Warby!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-24-2001, 08:43 AM   #7
hagimihale
Manshoon

I also think Jaheira is a great addition to most parties. Druid spells (insect plague is really effective vs. spellcasters) plus Tank ability is a nice combo.

If you are set on NOT taking her... Mazzy is the better bet if you want a range fighter, Valygar if you want a hand-to-hand fighter.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:41 AM   #8
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Do I really need a range fighter. I mostly don't bother with them.More relying on strong melee fighters. Protection from missles is a pain when its nueters your ranged fighters. I think I'll get Valygar 1st and if I don' like him I can pick Mazzy up on the quest she's in or from trademeet.

Warby