Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-21-2001, 08:30 AM   #1
Sederburg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone! I am a first time poster, though I've been lurking around for a week or two. This is without a doubt the most helpful, supportive forum I have ever run across. Anyway enough with the butt kissing , I am having a problem you may be able to help with. I completed the dragon spire successfully, and have made my way over to skull castle without incident. However, I was distracted for a week or so with diablo2 (not the first time it has happened; evil, evil game) and now I find myself suffering from a lack of direction. Much as the actor asks "what's my motivation?", my band of noble adventurers is having trouble giving more than a half hearted effort against the beasties without seeing how it fits into a grander purpose. So I've got the mavin now, and the vague imperative to "take care of" cet, but what the heck am I doing in skull castle? I think there is a guild quest or two to be accomplished, but that isn't doing it for me. Ideas?

A couple minor things too.
To top it off, the various spectres in the castle seem quite fond of blasting me with face of death and insanity spells (which seem to ALWAYS work, ugh). Any tips?

I got into the main hall area (with the spectral legionnaires?) by jumping off the balcony... not a problem in itself, but I have gone through the little maze and gotten they key, and went up the elevator into the inner sanctum room, but the door in there is locked (door, not the blocking gate) and I don't have the key. There is a "demonic figurine" high up on a shelf that I can get to by hopping on the treasure chest (stupid squix appeared INSIDE the chest, making it impossible to target). Hopefully the missing key isn't the one I was supposed to have used to enter the main hall? Oh wait, I remember that another passage led back over the mysterious collapsing bridge, perhaps that is my ticket out of the area. Did I just answer my own question? lol

I'm not seeing the pictures that people imbed in their posts (the examiner loses something without the photos I do believe, still really funny though). I see signature pics just fine (that BG2 screenshot and maxworld's shaking skulls, sorry I can't remember the authors to give them credit. Is this a problem at my end, or do you have to go someplace special to see the shots?

Lastly I'll make a small contribution... If you are getting bogged down by the slow reload times, try switching to software mode. You lose a little bit on the visuals (but not much, in a way it looks just as good, only different), but it managed to cut my load times in half. I'm using an old 15meg TNT1 though so YMMV.

That's all I can think of for now, thanks for your help, and I look forward to breaking my D2 habit and getting back to the meatier role playing of WW!

ms
Sederburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:38 AM   #2
Moni

Good Morning Sederburg and Welcome to the BEST W&W forum anywhere!

I don't think I can help you with ALL you are asking but I have a suggestion here and an answer there.

For the quests you need to get done but forgotten which ones they are or where...left click on each party member and read their Journal for quests. You will see "Quest completed" for each of those that you have gotten credit for and will be able to tell which ones you have that you need to catch up on by lack of the completion paragraph underneath.

Take notes of any quests that don't give you specific areas to be looking in and come back here...someone will no doubt be able to tell you where to go (in a nice way of course!) ; )

Skull Castle is where you will meet the infamous Lich, Gezred 'Ra (sp) and acquire the Staff of Death which you will need to open Anephas Shrine Temple, Mada Mabbig's room and is one of the two weapons you can use in the black fire to be able to whack Cet. Mada Mabbig is also in Skull Castle. Any more characters or quests here have slipped my mind enough for my memories of them to prove useless to you here, sorry!

The voodoo dolls you will find in Skull castle may be able to prevent the spectres from doing such harmful damage to your party by "using" them on your enemies in battle. This will curse them, and make them less likely to sucessfully target you. Also, there are protective spells which may or may not help if you want to keep them cast on party members who seem to repeatedly targeted.

I can't help you with the area you are in but Xignal has a site with great walkthroughs and maps and I am sure they will be able to get you out of any jam you find yourself in.

I am able to see the pictures posted in the Examiner here but I can't say what you can do about it so I will leave this one in the capable hands of Sazerac himself. : )

Thank for your tip on the slow load times! I am sure some players will find it invaluable! (I hated waiting so long so much that I got more memory LOL)

Happy Adventuring!
: )
Moni
Old 03-21-2001, 09:58 AM   #3
Moni

Here is the link to Xignal76's site where you will be able to find many useful hints as well as graphic and/or text walkthroughs!

http://www.volberding.com/Whints/

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 11:01 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Sederburg,

As Moni said, welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy it here.

I don't know why you can't see the embedded images; no one else has had that problem...unless you're referring to some of the earlier Examiners. Those transferred over from the old forum and the code was lost. I fixed all of those either yesterday or Monday, so they should be viewable again. The current examiners, though, use the same UBB code that this forum uses.

Since I keep those images resident on my domain server, if it's a slow loading day, it may take a while for it to load in. Try hitting REFRESH or RELOAD (depending on your browser).

BTW, is it just me, or is the forum RIDICULOUSLY slow again today???

Also: you can read back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner at my online site: http://www.wizardrealm.com/gse/ I've got Issues 1 - 11 up there now.

Thanks for posting! Hope to see you around.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:19 AM   #5
Sederburg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm the link you gave me is "blocked from viewing", must be a firewall thing (would also explain the pictures). Could it be that my co-workers were spending too much work time reading the examiner? Sure hope they don't catch on to this site too... Thanks for the quick response

ms
Sederburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:21 AM   #6
Moni

Blocked from viewing, that is a new one on me, but then my firewall seems to be full of holes.

If you are using IE, try Netscape, or vice versa!

Good Luck
Moni