Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 07:11 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Slight spoiler...

I took Keldorn home to his wife, and it all ended up with him wanting to spend more time with her. Since I am such a nice guy I agreed, not really realizing it would mean I lost him forever. Thus I wonder, is he gone for ever? Or is there some way to get him back? I really liked to have him in the party, he's both useful and a cool personality.
Old 11-24-2000, 07:57 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Afraid you've lost him forever. A good compromise would be to negotiate for him to have a day off, then you can at least use his services without looking selfish.
Old 11-24-2000, 09:38 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Whoah, I didn't know you could lose him forever. After he confronted Lord Whatever in Waukeen's Promenade, I said that he should spend some time with his family. Now I'm glad.
Old 11-25-2000, 04:04 PM   #4
Lokta

If you think you may have lost Keldorn, or just want him back, after he spends time with his family he goes to his Estate (Firecam) in the Government District. I had him, then had the whole subquest with him and thought I had lost him for good (that's what the dialogue sounded like to me). After getting the Holy Avenger, I decided I wanted him back, so I checked his estate and there he was. My opinion is that if you let him spend time with his family when he wants to, you can't lose him forever. If you don't let him leave you, my guess is that he'd eventually get really upset and THEN leave you forever.

Old 11-25-2000, 08:38 PM   #5
Mantis

hmmm... well in my game I took Keldorn back to his estate in the government district only to find out his wife had been cheating on him. this made him pretty pissed off ofcourse, but cos hes a paladin and all he got his wife put into prison and her new "friend" hung. this is the law in athkatla for these crimes. although i did loose keldorn for a few hours because he went to court, i just met up with him again in the radiant heart HQ in temple district.

Old 11-26-2000, 12:20 AM   #6
Ronn

I released Keldorn from my service, but later went back to get him at his estate and he was happy to rejoin the party

Old 11-26-2000, 09:08 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK...people may be getting confused. There are three options after confronting the guy Keldorn's wife is having an affair with:

1. You release him from your service. - you've lost him forever with this.
2. You let him spend a day with his family and beg him to stay till you get Imoen back he hangs with you after spending a day or so with his family
3. You can be a meanie and not let him spend any time with them - I never tried this as I'm a nice guy

All this assumes you don't take the justice option and have him report the incident to the Radiant Heart because then, they will definitely hang his wife, the guy, and throw the kids in an orphanage.
Old 12-01-2000, 08:31 AM   #8
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Oh! Sounds interesting. Might have to go back to his estate again and look for him to see which of you are right.

Would love to have him back so I can kick silly Aerie out of my gang.