Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 06-04-2006, 02:00 AM   #31
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Greything:
That's the build I'm playing about with at the moment Dace.

When do you take your Monk class?

I take one Monk level early so that I can use the Monk equipment and then take a second at level 40 to max out on Tumble and push AC up a few notches.
You could take the single monk level as low as 30 reasonably, your tumble would still be 35ish with modifiers, giving you +7 to your AC instead of the +8 I go for. Then you need the second fighter level for great cleave before getting overwhelming critical, then dev crit at L35.

Totally upto you mate, but I went for the single monk level in this build because weapon masters get +1 AB every 3 levels from (and including L13) so...

13, 16, 19, 22, 25 (which is how many WM levels this build has)
+14 fighter levels (for all your lovely feats)
+1 monk level
= 40 levels of perfection

It really is a good, good build.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:34 AM   #32
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

It certainly is a good build.

Currently I'm using 10 Fighter, 2 Monk and 28 Weapon Master.

This lets me use monk gear, max out on tumble for +8 to AC and wear heavy armour for damage reduction.

Dual-wielding maces the AC is 68 and AB 67.

Single wielding with a shield gets an AC of 85 and AB of 69 (must do some tweaking on this build and try for the 70).

Depending on choice of gear and feats its also possible to get Fortitude up to 50 and (almost) avoid being inconvenienced by nasty things such as Implosion.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #33
Stormshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just bringing this back up. Mainly because I have a build based upon Dace's F/WM/M from above, except with a few modifications. First, the build is a F/WM/R. I used Rogue instead of monk for the simple fact that if I save up enough points, when you take the single level of Rogue at 37th, you can drop 40 points on both Tumble and Use Magic Device, this allows you the +8 AC bonus, the ability to use monk items (boots of the Daimond +8) and all scrolls, wands etc.

Also the character uses Kukri. Final Critical threat is a 10-20 with the ending AB being +68 with two weapons and +70 fighting one handed (while using those kukris that the new NPC on 14 is nice enough to supply). The character is a Dev Crit machine.

Starting race was human to gain an extra feat with which to take exotic weapon proficiency.

Starting stats:

St-18
De-15
Co-8
In-14
Wi-8
Ch-8

Final levels were F 14, WM 25, R 1

AB +68 two handed, +70 single
AC +71 two handed, +85 with shield.

[ 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]
Stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote