Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-22-2001, 06:41 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I met two American girls from New York who I've been travelling with the last two days. Very cool people. They are great ambassadors for the nation I must say.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-22-2001, 07:14 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I met two American girls from New York who I've been travelling with the last two days. Very cool people. They are great ambassadors for the nation I must say.
Pleased to hear it, Yorick. I myself, have been embarassed by compatriots abroad on a number of occasions, so it's nice to hear you have had a good experience!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-22-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Very cool Yorick. By the same token, I just had an English girl move in next door to me. Great person. My God, I love that accent!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-22-2001, 04:47 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Yorick! Most of us are pretty cool, once you get to know us. I imagine that's true with folk everywhere, though. There will always be a few rotten apples in the barrel, but I've learned not to make snap judgements on the basis of a few bad experiences.

Old 05-22-2001, 04:58 PM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Only been to the States once. Had a really great time in Boston (which is just about the most civilized place I've ever been!) Got to see the Pats live and them some of your kind compatriots collared us on the way back to the "Patriots Express" train after the game and insisited on forcing beers on us. All the best to you guys & gals

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 05-22-2001, 05:05 PM   #6
Lord Shield

THe last American I knew of was the asshole who took my brother's fiancee. But I don't blame Americans for that, just this one butthole!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-22-2001, 05:07 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

One of the nicest people I ever met was a black American soldier when I was 19. We were in a railway carriage going to London, and everyone in the carriage was SO dour and po-faced! This American lad looked around at us and started talking - and before long he had everyone laughing and singing. He seemed to take to me, too, and we spent a lot of time on the journey chatting. He gave me a VERY good impression of Americans. It has taken a few idiotic Presidents to sour it, lol!

------------------

Old 05-23-2001, 05:41 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Well, I'm still travelling with them - I'm in Ulster at the moment, in the UK. They are still very very cool. A lot of fun, articulate, open minded, friendly people.

Of course I knew all of this already because of this board

I am being serious I'm having a ball despite seeing the tensions of Derry and visiting the Bloody Sunday Museum. Coming from peaceful Australia, "The Troubles" don't make sense. I don't understand the situation as it seems so unreal. I understand it in theory of course as I am familiar with the history and causes of the problems. But being here makes it closer and less sane.

The world is a wierd place sometimes.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-23-2001, 07:22 PM   #9
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Now Yorick, you behave yourself. You hear!!!
(God, I must be in my spamming mode tonight!)
I wish I could go on a tour like yours. I'm really enjoying your post though!

Fair Dunkim (what does that mean anyway?)

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Claymore?
Old 05-23-2001, 07:42 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

No, it doesn't make sense Yorick. But what conflict ever did? Most of 'em are probably started with right motives, I suppose (I'm trying hard to be fair) but before too long extremists take over and common sense goes out of the window...

Hell! Whaddaya do with idiots who insist on killing people just to get their own way? In my more indignant moments I'd like to put 'em all on a little island and let 'em kill each other off...
Sigh...
I wish I was as nice as I'd like to be

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-23-2001).]