Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2001, 02:27 AM   #21
Debaser

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Edwin better than the main? No way! Maybe at the lower level but later on.. Sure, he gets two extra spells per level. But you know, there are not THAT many usefull spells.

when it comes to 9th level spells having two extra slots, that is a HUGE difference in power.

Old 09-30-2001, 09:55 AM   #22
StarVid
Elminster

As for Aerie, she's just ok IMO, being multi-classed, she'll level up way to slow. And considering I'm going to have Anomen (a better cleric than most), and be a cleric myself, I'd be better off with jan so I can fill the magic, and thief slot all in one.

As for Edwin, if you're working under the BG2 xp cap, 9th level spells won't do a lick of good because he can't cast them. If under the ToB cap, it doesn't matter, my mage will be just as high of a level as he is and have cleric spells to back it up. But really, and this is a cheap ass tactic, all it would come down to is whoever gets off their time stop first...

Furthermore, on a team scope, Imoen would be my mage, once I get her back, and I would drop Jan. This way I can have two full mages, a full cleric, and a half cleric, a half (though really competent) thief, all fitting into three character slots, which gives me one slot for a tank, one for a sniper, and one for whomever I feel like taking along at the time.

Old 09-30-2001, 12:58 PM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Aerie has this great combination of Mage Cleric... give her a robe of vecna, plus improved alarcity (ToB)...dang... byebye world... although it will take ages... and thus dragons have fallen before she has reached that desirable level...

AS for Edwin, I also had this good thing going.. but I tell you, you will forget how evil he is once you get to use him...

------------------

[b]Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...[b]
Old 09-30-2001, 01:24 PM   #24
StarVid
Elminster

It's not that I have anything against evil NPCs, I just have something against investing so much in an NPC that's going to get pissed and start a battle with someone or just leave my party. I have a habit of keeping a 20 rep, so Edwin just doesn't fit...
Old 09-30-2001, 04:00 PM   #25
Tyrion
Quintesson

Don't forget that there is another Cleric in BG1, the dwarf in Cloakwood mines (forgot his name)

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:06 PM   #26
StarVid
Elminster

Yeah, that's Yeslick. He's multi though so he maxes out w/ lower levels. Granted he has the innate ability of dispel magic, but he'll never get to cast 4th level priest spells. All in all though, I think clerics get a bad shaft in BG1, The spells are really bad, and they can't do much. They made a -lot- of improvements to them to make them much more useful in BG2...

And since the beginning of this thread I've started my cleric PC in BG1 and I'm already bored of him. Clerics just don't do it for me in BG1, though that might change once I start BG2...