Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Give me your party ideas! Also, what parties have you had the most fun with. I'm in a funk here and need a good idea!

[ 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
Zaleukos
The Magister

First run through the game with my gf used a pretty traditional setup:

Human Paladin
Dwarf fighter
Human Cleric
Human Thief/Ranger
Human Monk (arguably the least useful of the bunch, even though his fists count as +3 weapons it doesnt help his crappy chance to hit, he only picked up steam when I gave him a +5 staff)
Elven mage

I'm having fun with a hobbit party in my ongoing game.
Halfling bard/thief
3 Dwarven fighters
Dwarven cleric
Human Sorcerer
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

This is my first party but dont take any ideas from it. It was my first ever 3rd ed rules game and I knew very little about them. I made my party as it is to try all the different classes. That's why the strange multicalass choices. Don't blame me for it... like I said, I was a complete noob to 3rded back then. I still enjoyed it. Roleplaying was great.

_Human monk (of old order)
_aasimar paladin (of helm)
_dwarf fighter 1 / druid x
_half orc barbarian 1 / cleric (tempus) x
_elf ranger 1 / wizard x
_halfling bard / rogue (more or less evenly spread with more emphasis on the rogue)
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

My first party kinda stunk. This is it, as far as I can remember:

1. Human barbarian
2. Aasimar paladin
3. Human cleric
4. Halfling rogue
5. Human mage
6. Wild Elf sorcerer

Its kind of against any party that I'd ever consider doing nowadays.

What party I had the most fun with? Probably my all paladin party, outlined here: Pally Party
EDIT: Thanks for showing me how to do that!

[ 11-15-2005, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:

can someone tell me how to put a hyperlink on normal text? I wish I could just link that as Pally Party instead of the URL.
Two ways:

<a href=www.ironworksforum.com>Pally Party</a>

OR

[URL=www.ironworksforum.com]Pally Party[/URL]
Old 12-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

First time I beat the game (which included losing the possibilities of winning with a previous party due to modified mandrake issues, dammit):

drow fighter
drow monk
drow mage
drow padladin 1/cleric x (i think it ended 1/13 or so)
human barbarian
strongheart rogue

It sucked, if I see it now, but I beat the game. I liked the halfling's performance so much, that I kept it for a HOF party later.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Rogues are fun. Use them. Also, messing around without minmaxed stats is a lot funner than with them. Try choosing different spells that the normal. Choose different classes than your standard cleric/mage/fighter mix; What about them Druids? Monk? Rogue? Yea, those ones.

Quite honestly, I have a soft spot for Assassin -> Mages in BG2, and I'm wondering if a whole party consisting of Rogues with maybe a couple MCing into Wizards would work. Of course, the majority would be Rogue levels...
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I don't remember what I made as my first party. How sad! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

I do recall that I used the first incarnation of my strongheart halfling fighter/rogue, though. Very useful combination--dual wielding short swords was more effective than I initially anticipated. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote