Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-24-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

Arrow

After some years away, I had the chance to re-play the game. This time with a party I called "Outcasts", composed by the six characters of the most "evil-tendentious" races: half-orc, duergar, drow and deep-gnome. All of them with aligmets ranging from chaotic / lawful evil to chaotic neutral. I never tried to play such an evil party like this one, but I tried to follow its "proper" interpretation as ruthless as possible.
And thus it was that when we were in our way to the Goblin fortress, we met a certain missing agent from Targos. And she "decided" to speak exactly to the most evil of my characters, a chaotic evil tiefling thief. By following his "role" as the most despicable person in the group, it could not end in any other way but in a fight. The dialogue options were so cruel that I almost turned away from the "correct" path. But then, I thought: "Gotta stick with what was designed for them... sorry." Later, after dismantling the goblin army, we came back with an ex-prisoner, and told him about the death of his "mate". After seeing the results of the seemengly most benevolent dialogue options, I decided to turn it into another fight and end his suffering...
I don't konw... This made me think: what will be the outcome of my actions on a later stage of the game; when you have to decide about vanquishing a deity or slaying innocents? I feel somewhat unconfortable with these ideas.
Just to extravasate...
Regards.

[ 08-29-2005, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Krowlars ]
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Vassago
Manshoon

So what did you tell Ulbrek about his scouts?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

Arrow

You reminded me of a strange thing... Ulbrec didn't even ask about the rangers; he promptly assumed that they were dead and told me how unfortunate that was to him!

[ 08-24-2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Krowlars ]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
Vassago
Manshoon

So when you meet the chick outside of the horde fortress, did the dialogue flow so that she attacked you or did you just wail on her after the conversation ended? I've wanted to play an all evil party from an rp standpoint, but I've always been afraid of the xp you miss from not responding to certain questions respectfully. It's shame they didn't build IWD2 with that in mind. Like in your case, it would have been nice for a dialogue option with U that said something like "The Horde had enslaved them and beaten them badly for information. I killed them only to put them out of their misery." Or something along those lines.

[ 08-25-2005, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Vassago ]
Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

The dialogue options I made took me to a fight against her. Just as "mean" as this: she offered help, and my character answered that she should do better than what she tryied to do for her mate... After throwing some curses upon him, she attacked.

Indeed. The role playing standpoint is my guidance in this game. You are correct to assume that you will have some losses in terms of XP, but, so far, they were not as harmful as I thought they would.

Thinking in terms o evil... I dare to suggest an even darker dialogue option: one in which you could blame them to have switched sides (due to a strong spell or just some sort of "mind-treatment") with the Horde, so you decided to kill them. A test of bluff would be involved.

[ 08-25-2005, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Krowlars ]